cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 8 months total history - Discover opened in 2/08 with $1000 limit (now $1250) and Cap.One opened 4/08 with $500 limit (now $1050).

A couple weeks ago I was approved for Chase Freedom - $2000 limit - asked for CLI at activation and it got raised to $5000!  I was shocked Smiley Happy

thats great  is that student cards .

discover is the hardest credit card to get in the usa

It really isn't - and I say that because I have one, it wasn't that hard to get, and there are plenty of cards (plenty!) out there that I don't have a snowball in hell's chance of getting.

Discover can be a very nice card to get though, and they don't just approve anyone at random, granted, so... congrats, Jacred - that is a pretty nice lineup of cards you have there! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Discover can be a very nice card to get though, and they don't just approve anyone at random, granted, so... congrats, Jacred - that is a pretty nice lineup of cards you have there! Smiley Happy

Thanks!  I am pretty excited about building up my credit history - a year ago I had no idea how to begin.  I won't *need* credit (as far as loans) for a few years at this point in my life, so I am excited to have this base to build up solid credit, so that if/when I need it, I'll have the scores/history.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover hates me  Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your credit file is way too new for them unless your are app'ing a student card.

You can get a student card from Discover with the Open Road rewards package. The reward package can be freely changed between Open Road and More.

Discover is not the hardest card to get. (Try Simmons First.) It is one of the harder cards to get though. They also are generally not too liberal with their opening credit lines. Very, very few get as much as $5K. At least Discover is solvent. You haven't heard much about general CLD's out of DFS have you?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmbfl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your credit file is way too new for them unless your are app'ing a student card.

You can get a student card from Discover with the Open Road rewards package. The reward package can be freely changed between Open Road and More.

Discover is not the hardest card to get. (Try Simmons First.) It is one of the harder cards to get though. They also are generally not too liberal with their opening credit lines. Very, very few get as much as $5K. At least Discover is solvent. You haven't heard much about general CLD's out of DFS have you?

me im 42 years old . ihad credit in the 80s  but paided it off and got divorced in early 90s

i recently started by in may 08    ymmv but discover tough for me

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.