Valued Member
melmas

IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

I wonder if there is somebody in this forum who's new to the credit card world and whose credit history is just over 6 or 9 month who got recently approved for a decent credit card  !!

if so can you plz tell what's your score and which card & and what CL you got approved for

as always, thanks to all of you !

Valued Contributor
stef37

Re: IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

My EQ report is on the young side. Average age is 9 months but I do have a couple of cards over a year now. Score is 706.

Citi pulls EQ for me and won't approve me for a card. BoA has been great. They approved with little history.  Chase turned me down several times for short history, but I called the number that is stickied at the top in the backdoor numbers and got them to push an app through, finally.

Now, I just need to let everything age.

I have an account reporting on TU and EX that is 22 years old, so, it helps those out a bit.

Established Contributor
cartercorp

My EQ is fairly new as well. This is what i did i apped for a circuit city mc by chase then in 3 months product changed to the chase freedom plus. CL is $2000. EQ fico was 713. I also think Best Buy only pulled EQ  for me and approved with CL of $2500.

Hov

I got my first credit card in Oct 07.

It was a Capital One with a $300 limit. I recently applied for and got approved for a Chase gas card (still waiting for it in the mail) and Paypal buyer's credit $400.

That's pretty much it. 

--------------------------------------------
Oct. 29, 2008

And I'm only 19 years old (since sep.). Can't wait for the big 2-1.

(May 2009, Scores are slightly lower.)
Established Member
amin182

I got my first card in February of 08 with a 500 dollar CL.  Got approved for my second card, an Amex Green last week.  EXP 709.  Good luck!
New Contributor
louiep132

my total history is 6months got ppplus cc   and macys   400   orchard 300  scores 700s
Regular Contributor
jacred

I have 8 months total history - Discover opened in 2/08 with $1000 limit (now $1250) and Cap.One opened 4/08 with $500 limit (now $1050).

A couple weeks ago I was approved for Chase Freedom - $2000 limit - asked for CLI at activation and it got raised to $5000!  I was shocked :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
louiep132

jacred wrote:

I have 8 months total history - Discover opened in 2/08 with $1000 limit (now $1250) and Cap.One opened 4/08 with $500 limit (now $1050).

A couple weeks ago I was approved for Chase Freedom - $2000 limit - asked for CLI at activation and it got raised to $5000!  I was shocked :smileyhappy:

thats great  is that student cards .

discover is the hardest credit card to get in the usa

Regular Contributor
jacred

louiep132 wrote:

jacred wrote:

thats great  is that student cards .

discover is the hardest credit card to get in the usa

I *think* that I did apply as a student when I applied for the Discover card.  HOWEVER looking at the Discover website, I don't see a student application for the Open Road card, so I'm not quite sure how I accomplished this. 

I know I clicked from a link on another site (which searching around for cards to attempt to apply for).  And I definitely applied for (and received) the Open Road card, as opposed to the normal "student" Discover card which has the "More" rewards rather than "Open Road."  I do think I filled in school information on the application though.  So most likely it was a student card, but I'm just not sure how I stumbled upon it.  :smileyhappy:

The Cap One seems like possibly a middle-of-the-road (or lower) one, not student specifically though...  It's called "Platinum" but it appears that there are 50 different Cap One cards called Platinum so I don't think that really means anything.  The #1 thing is that I applied for and received one with no annual fee.

The Chase Freedom card is a "real" one though, nothing student about it, so that was particularly exciting :smileyhappy:

mrillmatic

i have 7 months of credit. the cards i have currently are citi student card(drivers edge)/$3000, chase circuit city visa/$5000, chase freedom/$3500, discover/$1500 and capital one/$750. i also have two retail store cards, macys and bloomingdales(same company...... if you get one you can get the other).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}