cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS there a Sticky about dates used by credit card companies in reporting to CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS there a Sticky about dates used by credit card companies in reporting to CR?

My English is bad today... hopefully, the title made sense.

Does such a thing exist?

I was thinkng, much like the backdoor #s for card companies, to have the dates the credit card company's post to CR (or the date they use for posting to CR).

On another thread, Beameup said, Orchard uses the last business day of each month as the reporting date... so while the statement date might be the 28th, if the last day of the month is the 30th, and you charge $250 on the 29th, the $250 will show up on the CR?

So here goes:

First Premier - why carry a balance, fire them!

Orchard Bank - last day of the month

Cap One - ???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: IS there a Sticky about dates used by credit card companies in reporting to CR?

there is no universal list.  it is going to vary for most people according to when you got your card, when your statements come out, etc.  when capital one reports for me, might not be when capital one reports for you.  hsbc/orchard is the only one i know for sure that reports whatever your balance is at the end of the month.  but those updates don't always show up right away; they are not instantaneous.  i have had it take as long as 2 weeks for accounts to update on my reports.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.