Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT CLI how long does it take?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

IT CLI how long does it take?

According to Discover IT site i still have an CLI in progress. How long does it usually take for them to decide on if i will be receiving an cli or not ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: IT CLI how long does it take?

THeir website is very finicky.

If you canceled one, it will still show as "in progress"

so did you every actually submit one?

YOu can always call 1800DISCOVER and ask to speak with a Credit Analyst to get an instant decision. I did this once with excellent results. Whil requested a cli will resul in a HP, Discover is very flexible. I love Discover TBH. Ask about APR reductions too. They lowered mine from 19.99 to 1.9 for six months!! Usually, they will auto cli you a few hundred dollars every three months.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

THeir website is very finicky.

If you canceled one, it will still show as "in progress"

so did you every actually submit one?

YOu can always call 1800DISCOVER and ask to speak with a Credit Analyst to get an instant decision. I did this once with excellent results. Whil requested a cli will resul in a HP, Discover is very flexible. I love Discover TBH. Ask about APR reductions too. They lowered mine from 19.99 to 1.9 for six months!! Usually, they will auto cli you a few hundred dollars every three months.

I don't think i ever officially was able to get an CLI. Before everytime i tried on the site i would get an message that it couldn't be done on line and I would have to call them. Last few times I logged on when i tried to initiate an cli it says one is in progress now. I guess i will try calling on monday and see what they say. I finally have clean credit report so was hoping they would could do an cli or reduce apr. When you got reduction of apr was that an hp or sp ?

Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It was a sp for APR reduction.

Any time you initiate a cli though, expect a HP from Discover. They are very flexbile though. YOu could even call them now, I think Discover has Credit Analysts avail 24/7 although I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure when I called last it was like 10 pm at night, and i got someone Domestic.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

It was a sp for APR reduction.

Any time you initiate a cli though, expect a HP from Discover. They are very flexbile though. YOu could even call them now, I think Discover has Credit Analysts avail 24/7 although I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure when I called last it was like 10 pm at night, and i got someone Domestic.

I see I will wait till monday , i need to think it over if i really want to risk using an HP for an cli. I was hoping they would have given me an sp cli like amex and chase did. I got all three cards at the same time. My initial plan for this year is wait till july when some of my hp inquiries from last year will reach one year anniversary. I really would like to be in good shape to get sallie mae and fidelity amex. 

I probably will call and see if they can do anything with just an sp, but i also want to make sure that newly deleted c/o is off equifax. According to score watch its still on EQ report , even though EQ sent me an dispute result that said it was deleted. I just got an SW update saying no change to my eq account so was slightly sad. 

Message 5 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Just call 1-800-Discover and do the automated CLI request. It's a soft pull and they usually counter. I called last week for my 2nd CLI in 2 months and it said "connecting you to an analyst because more information is needed." I hung up and the next day I had a $1k increase. 

Message 6 of 9
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Everytime I do the automated, I hear nothing about credit line increases....Smiley Sad

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 7 of 9
salek10
Regular Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

Just call 1-800-Discover and do the automated CLI request. It's a soft pull and they usually counter. I called last week for my 2nd CLI in 2 months and it said "connecting you to an analyst because more information is needed." I hung up and the next day I had a $1k increase. 

DrZoiberg,

I called the 1-800-DSICOVER and I did not even get the option to do a CLI lol... I've only had the card for about 4 months, do I have to have the card 6months before getting a CLI?? .... When I tried it online I got the message saying I had to call them to have my request processed.

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 8 of 9
greatness1
Contributor

They have an automated auto cli over the phone?. I could have saved a hard pull lol 2k-6k was worth it though

amex bc $15kl amex bce $1.5kl bbva amex $7kl freedom $3.1kl, csp $5.8kl sallie mae $5.7kl venture $7kl citi dc $10kl discover $13kl assoc bank $7kl nasa fcu $18.1kl penfed plat rewards $15kl penfed plat rewards $22kl lowes $17kl walmart $6kl

nasa ploc 17k
Total limit $163,200K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.