Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

I'm getting pre-approvals every other day.Before one month ago I wasn't getting a look from anyone but now the pre-approvals are coming in a steady stream.Today I received a pre-approval from some horrible bank called MerrickBank. Obviously its going into the shredder but all this new activity does make me hopeful that Discover Card or CitiBank might knock on my door very soon.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

Let's hope so.Smiley Wink


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

+1

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,297
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

cap one has sent me like 7 pre-approvals in the past couple months... 

first for annual fee card 

and then no annual fee with a higher limit whatever that meant. 

 

im happy with my zync and freedom especially with my aaoa so low now. 

at least in the next couple years if i app for anything non amex my aaoa will take less of a hit with 10 cards vs 3

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

[ Edited ]

JusdoNit wrote:

Let's hope so.Smiley Wink


Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card carry more weight in making me more acceptable for new credit?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,297
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!


MountainHiker wrote:

JusdoNit wrote:

Let's hope so.Smiley Wink


Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card makes carry more weight in making me ore acceptable for new credit?


i cant say exactly which but since i got my installment loan for my car the pre approvals have been rolling in. 

then again could be the amex Smiley Wink

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!


creditnocash wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

JusdoNit wrote:

Let's hope so.Smiley Wink


Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card makes carry more weight in making me ore acceptable for new credit?


i cant say exactly which but since i got my installment loan for my car the pre approvals have been rolling in. 

then again could be the amex Smiley Wink


It would be interesting to know which has more impact on the decision of credit card companies.Do they want us because Chase or Amex have us? Or do the new credit offers stim from the bigger investment ie auto payments. I wonder!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

Just one of those things that make you scratch your head, hmmmmmmmmmSmiley Very Happy


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Established Contributor
Posts: 553
Registered: ‎02-14-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!


MountainHiker wrote:

I'm getting pre-approvals every other day.Before one month ago I wasn't getting a look from anyone but now the pre-approvals are coming in a steady stream.Today I received a pre-approval from some horrible bank called MerrickBank. Obviously its going into the shredder but all this new activity does make me hopeful that Discover Card or CitiBank might knock on my door very soon.


Not encouraging you to app if that's not your plan, but I have had a Merrick Visa since 2007 and it is a good grower. Auto-CLI like clockwork every 4 months. Downside is that I can't pay my AF in one lump sum so I pay $3 a month. Am closing the card because of it...well, that and I want to replace it with Discover More.

 

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!


adavis425 wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

I'm getting pre-approvals every other day.Before one month ago I wasn't getting a look from anyone but now the pre-approvals are coming in a steady stream.Today I received a pre-approval from some horrible bank called MerrickBank. Obviously its going into the shredder but all this new activity does make me hopeful that Discover Card or CitiBank might knock on my door very soon.


Not encouraging you to app if that's not your plan, but I have had a Merrick Visa since 2007 and it is a good grower. Auto-CLI like clockwork every 4 months. Downside is that I can't pay my AF in one lump sum so I pay $3 a month. Am closing the card because of it...well, that and I want to replace it with Discover More.

 


Hopefully we both will get the knock on the door from Discover. You know, I would actually open the door for CitiBank if they came a-calling.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.