Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

I'm getting pre-approvals every other day.Before one month ago I wasn't getting a look from anyone but now the pre-approvals are coming in a steady stream.Today I received a pre-approval from some horrible bank called MerrickBank. Obviously its going into the shredder but all this new activity does make me hopeful that Discover Card or CitiBank might knock on my door very soon.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: ITS GETTING CRAZY, 4TH PRE-APPROVAL!!

Let's hope so.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

cap one has sent me like 7 pre-approvals in the past couple months... 

first for annual fee card 

and then no annual fee with a higher limit whatever that meant. 

im happy with my zync and freedom especially with my aaoa so low now. 

at least in the next couple years if i app for anything non amex my aaoa will take less of a hit with 10 cards vs 3

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card carry more weight in making me more acceptable for new credit?

Goal 750 Across

Message 5 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card makes carry more weight in making me ore acceptable for new credit?

i cant say exactly which but since i got my installment loan for my car the pre approvals have been rolling in. 

then again could be the amex Smiley Wink

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

Obviously I'm on some list of potential applicants.I wonder how they decide who should be picked to be a card holder? My score is not any different but I do now have an Auto lease and a Freedom card showing on my credit file.I'm curious whether the Auto Lease or the Chase Freedom card makes carry more weight in making me ore acceptable for new credit?

i cant say exactly which but since i got my installment loan for my car the pre approvals have been rolling in. 

then again could be the amex Smiley Wink

It would be interesting to know which has more impact on the decision of credit card companies.Do they want us because Chase or Amex have us? Or do the new credit offers stim from the bigger investment ie auto payments. I wonder!!

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Just one of those things that make you scratch your head, hmmmmmmmmmSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 12
adavis425
Established Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

I'm getting pre-approvals every other day.Before one month ago I wasn't getting a look from anyone but now the pre-approvals are coming in a steady stream.Today I received a pre-approval from some horrible bank called MerrickBank. Obviously its going into the shredder but all this new activity does make me hopeful that Discover Card or CitiBank might knock on my door very soon.

Not encouraging you to app if that's not your plan, but I have had a Merrick Visa since 2007 and it is a good grower. Auto-CLI like clockwork every 4 months. Downside is that I can't pay my AF in one lump sum so I pay $3 a month. Am closing the card because of it...well, that and I want to replace it with Discover More.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 9 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Not encouraging you to app if that's not your plan, but I have had a Merrick Visa since 2007 and it is a good grower. Auto-CLI like clockwork every 4 months. Downside is that I can't pay my AF in one lump sum so I pay $3 a month. Am closing the card because of it...well, that and I want to replace it with Discover More.

Hopefully we both will get the knock on the door from Discover. You know, I would actually open the door for CitiBank if they came a-calling.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.