cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on BML/Comenity

tag
Nw2Fico

Ideas on BML/Comenity

Tried to purchase something VIA Paypal BML/Comenity i have high scores, no address changes or FA. Denied both times it allowed me to apply. A bit shocked considering my recent approvals. wanted to take advantage of the secret tradeline, Purchase was going to be a larger then normal one. Any success at recon with them? I did not see a number listed in the backdoor for BML. Comenity a conservative lender when coming to recons? If so should just wait for denial letter?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Ideas on BML/Comenity

I have never had luck with Comenity recons. I don't even think they do such things. I was declined for excessive inqs when the letter came. I had a whopping 4 inqs. Good luck !
Message 2 of 5
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

This is my opinion. If you have quality Credit Lines already, why bother with the Comenity Store Cards? Sure they help for a rebuilder to try and get Higher Credit Limits etc..

I  do agree that the Soft Pull is attractive, but you should never apply unless you get the Soft Pull Popup.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would try applying directly at bill me later and see what credit line they will approve you for... if you are trying to purchase higher than the limit they will approve right off the bat it will just flat out deny.

Message 4 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Nw2Fico wrote:

Tried to purchase something VIA Paypal BML/Comenity i have high scores, no address changes or FA. Denied both times it allowed me to apply. A bit shocked considering my recent approvals. wanted to take advantage of the secret tradeline, Purchase was going to be a larger then normal one. Any success at recon with them? I did not see a number listed in the backdoor for BML. Comenity a conservative lender when coming to recons? If so should just wait for denial letter?

What's your EQ like?  They HP there for new accounts.

As for why it's a good TL, it's a hidden TL that has special financing.   I used it to PIF on my 6 month auto insurance premium.  I can pay if off at 0% for the six months and save money, so it was a no-brainer.   And even though that purchase bumped up my CL (essentially putting me at 100% UTIL), it won't ding my scores since it's not reported.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.