Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification for Citi Forward Student App

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Identity Verification for Citi Forward Student App

Well, Citibank finally recieved a copy of Social Security card as of yesterday (8/23/12), according to the CSR who I spoke to today at 4pm (8/24/12). It's still pending review, and as soon as they come to a decision they will notify me either by call or a decision by mail.

I got approved for my Capital One Platinum and recieved it the other day, (NO CREDIT HISTORY). What do you guys think are my chances of obtaining this card? Is this a good sign or a bad sign?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Identity Verification for Citi Forward Student App

It's not really a sign at all. If they can't prove your identity they're not allowed to go forward with the app (afaik) since it could be someone else applying as you. I would just call up and ask them to review your app on the phone with you. 

Message 2 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Review my app over the phone with them, before their decision or after a possible denial? Review what about the app in particular? Thanks for the thoughts.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You can call them and speak with a credit analyst and have them process your app with you on the phone if you get the "your application is still under review, we will have a decision in 7-10 days" and they can give you the decision right there. It's sort of like a recon, except before you get denied. Smiley Very Happy 

I'm not sure if citi will do this but I've definitely heard of people doing this with some apps, it's worth a shot. 

Message 4 of 17
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

If they are requesting info to verify your identity, you are more likely to get approved IMO.

The copy of your SSN could be needed either because they can't find your file and want to make sure you didn't mistype your number or they want to confirm the person applying is really you.

Either way, call the backdoor and get your decision over the phone.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 17
CardinalRules
New Contributor

It's actually a good sign if they're requesting additional info.  I believe they do this for people with very short credit history. I recently applied for the same card and had to verify some info, but I did it over live chat and was instantly approved. A friend also applied with no history, but he was asked to send in some docs. The student version of the Discover More also asks for documents. I believe most student CCs do this just to verify that you're a student.

AMEX SPG - $8k
Citi AA Visa - $6.5k
Walmart Discover - $5.5k
Citi Forward - $3.9k
Discover More - $2.5k
Wells Fargo Cash Back - $1.9k
Message 6 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I'm still working on this Citi Forward Student App, they requested my school information a copy of School ID with a current enrollment sticker or your last tuition bill. I sent them both on this past Thursday, they told me to wait 48 hrs before they would recieve it by email. I called yesterday, they didn't recieve my email. So, I emailed it again once more and I also faxed it to a number they provided. If that doesn't work, I'm going to mail the documents to the address with tracking. Have no idea why it takes long for them to recieve an email, I could understand to review it, but to recieve an email it shouldn't be 48 hrs wait time lol. Well, hopefully sometime this week I'll get a decision at long last. I apped for this card back on July 25th, it's been a long wait.

Message 7 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would ask for a specific CSRs email address rather than sending it to a generic like IDVerification@citi.com or something. 

Message 8 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Thanks jsucool. I will do as you say first thing in the morning, you have been very helpful to me.

Message 9 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Thanks jsucool. I will do as you say first thing in the morning, you have been very helpful to me.

If they still aren't helping you by tomorrow I would hunt around here for an exec office number or something. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.