Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: If 61 days BCP CLI denied how long to wait??

MustangSaluki wrote:

flowfaster wrote:
It is 3 months for denial 

Sorry this isn't true either. I requested CLI on 60th day (wrong calculation) and got the message that CLI is not entertained within 60 days. Waited 2 more days before reapplying and got approved. 

flowfaster wrote:
 6 for approval.

True.

Lol yes it is true.  You were not denied your account was simply not eligible yet.  Sorry but you are wrong.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
bluedevil12

Was denied my first 3x CLI request.  Granted, I messed up and requested it well after the 60 day term, probably closer to 4mo after opening the card. 

Sent another one in somewhere between 3 and 4 months after that and was approxed for 2.5x original CL.

Regular Contributor
alboto

MustangSaluki wrote:

flowfaster wrote:
It is 3 months for denial 

Sorry this isn't true either. I requested CLI on 60th day (wrong calculation) and got the message that CLI is not entertained within 60 days. Waited 2 more days before reapplying and got approved. 

flowfaster wrote:
 6 for approval.

True.

you were simply not penalized for not waiting the 61 days, you weren't eligible.

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

flowfaster wrote:
^ that is not true. It is 3 months for denial and 6 for approval.

Thanks for this info. I was denied for my first CLI request, but I started off at 15k.

Valued Contributor
armbenderc

afjock21 wrote:

I haven't tried yet, but if I do get denied how long before I can try again?

PS- I had Blue Cash and requested CLI which was granted. Then I upgraded (product change) to BCP. Is 61 days acceptable timeframe to wait before requesting another CLI? since I no longer have Blue Cash, it's a different card.

So you got CLI on blue (you have to wait 6 month before another) and you switch to BCP (still have to wait 6 months), then apply for another CLI?

That is a denied. You didn't wait long enough, only 1 increase per 6 month per card member.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}