cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Amed didn't mention old closed account in decline, safe to assume it is not an issue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Amed didn't mention old closed account in decline, safe to assume it is not an issue?

THey had recently reported for me (as they did for others here) an old 1980 closed account.  I don't remember if it went deliquint or not. It *does* list $1000 as max balance, and says 'closed due to inactivity'.

When I applied for Blue recently it gave a # of reasons for decline, none of them inlcuded the fact I had a delinquint account with them. Would that indicate that the card was not a bad mark with them, i.e. did not close delinquint? I'd think that would be the first thing they'd check even before credit scores...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: If Amed didn't mention old closed account in decline, safe to assume it is not an issue?

It sounds like they simply closed the card due to inactivity. Amex loves lots of usage, so that makes sense.

They say Amex is like an elephant and never forgets, however, I've seen a few posts of members who had been approved with a previous Amex charge off. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.