cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I apply and am delcined by Amex, when can I (safely) reapply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I apply and am delcined by Amex, when can I (safely) reapply?

I'd like to get my old Amex account dated on a new Amex if I get applied.   I'd like to do it sooner rather then later, still a'waitin on a CO to drop off.  If I apply and they decline, can I just re-apply in say 30-60 days with out 'prejudice' (other then an additional inquiry)?

Do you think if I apply with 700 Experian and a 5 yo Bally CO I'll get approved (for anything I don't care, just want to have the account show 1980 since I have an old closed account).

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I apply and am delcined by Amex, when can I (safely) reapply?

I applied in July and was declined. At the first of the month, I checked the soft pull link that is floating around here and was offered a few cards for the first time and ended up applying and getting an instant approval for the Blue. Other than the extra inquiry, I don't think they limit the time between applications like some ccc's do.

I am not sure about the Bally collection. I have no derogs, but they listed 4 things when they declined me in July. Too many Inquiries, low EX score, too high risk score, and current low limit cards. While my inquries went up an extra one for applying again, my score remained a bit over 700. I did have a new 10k tradeline reporting, so maybe somehow that helped.

I wanted to get mine backdated too, but I don't want to stir things up with them. I have a new social that was issued a little over a year ago and I don't want to have to explain why. So, I will leave it alone for now, but it would have been nice.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: If I apply and am delcined by Amex, when can I (safely) reapply?

apply for the delta card.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.