cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I get offer to "upgrade" to MC/VS, should I?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: If I get offer to "upgrade" to MC/VS, should I?

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
MJ, per the original post:

I believe Walmart has switched from the discover network to MasterCard quite awhile back.

Correct forgot about that Thanks for pointing that out WTG (kudo's to follow)Smiley Wink

Even tho thats the rewards I spoke of $5.00 statement credit for every $500.00 and can only be redeemed in $5.00 increments ....(say what) Lol

In a nutshell I have to spend 2k to get $20.00 back 

Walmart profit $1980.00 

Not worth it in my eyes for my profile but I can understand why to some it's worthwhile also 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 28
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

I have the same opinion as myjourney.  My Wal-Mart store card is 4 years old and I wouldn't accept the "upgrade".  Not worth having a new account for a card that sees very limited usage.   

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 22 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The reason I'm wanting te update is because the update is a "major" cc, and can be used anywhere. The store card can't.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your CapOne can be used anywhere.
Message 24 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon... True, but I have a much better chance of cli in the future with synchrony that cap one. I still havent used that card since I didn't even get a small jump from them. I might use it to buy coffee in February Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about that CU card?
Message 26 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Trying to talk me out of an upgrade Nixon? Lol.... I only have 3 majors, and I'm not sure ill be approved for anymore from anyone for a long time ( chase, Amex, citi, discover). That was te whole point of my post is that I'm very limit on who will approve me for a major cc due to burning in BK. I thought with an upgrade that I could add another major.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Trying to talk me out of an upgrade Nixon? Lol.... I only have 3 majors, and I'm not sure ill be approved for anymore from anyone for a long time ( chase, Amex, citi, discover). That was te whole point of my post is that I'm very limit on who will approve me for a major cc due to burning in BK. I thought with an upgrade that I could add another major.

I'm trying to talk you into aging your positives (Yes, The guy who has opened 9 accounts in the last 3 months)

You've only got one place to go and that is UP. Age your store cards, Be happy. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.