cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I just got approved for a Amex Could I possibly get approved for a Barclays as well?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I just got approved for a Amex Could I possibly get approved for a Barclays as well?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I just got approved for a Amex Could I possibly get approved for a Barclays as well?

Congrats on the Amex. The other question is not so easy to answer. While yes, anything could happen, there is more info that goes into play.

- Credit Score

- Inq's on TU

- Utl

- Overall credit profile

- Which Barclay card you want

OP, when asking questions like this, please give as much info as possible if you would like a more precise answer.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I just got approved for a Amex Could I possibly get approved for a Barclays as well?

My TU Fico is 666. I have 19 inq on TU and 36 on EQ due to the fact of me trying to get a mortgage. My utl is 29% w/o my ex hubbys ccards that I am an AU on. and anyone would do I just want a Barclays now to add to the collection.
Message 3 of 9
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My TU Fico is 666. I have 19 inq on TU and 36 on EQ due to the fact of me trying to get a mortgage. My utl is 29% w/o my ex hubbys ccards that I am an AU on. and anyone would do I just want a Barclays now to add to the collection.

You might want to slow down there. You're applying for a mortgage. That's a lot of inquiries. Furthermore, applying for a lot of credit at once can lead to financial reviews. My advice, wait it out. Barclays will be here today, tomorrow, and for many years in the foreseeable future. 

Message 4 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What Barclay card are you talking about? Some have higher standards than others. And just a word of advice, and please don't take this the wrong way, do not apply for a card just to "add it to the collection." Make sure you research the card and see if it fits your needs/spending. Adding new cards can hurt your average age of accounts and will add inquiries on your credit report, which you have several now.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need and appriciate advice like that! I will not inq anymore until needed thanks for the advice!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to my last post, my main goal was to get approved for an Amex which I did. Thank you all!
Message 7 of 9
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I think it has to be said in plain terms.

I would advise the OP to not apply for any credit cards in the next 12 months, minimum.   

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might want to slow down there. You're applying for a mortgage. That's a lot of inquiries. Furthermore, applying for a lot of credit at once can lead to financial reviews. My advice, wait it out. Barclays will be here today, tomorrow, and for many years in the foreseeable future. 

This^^^^ OP..  I'd heed to this advice if I were in your shoes..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.