cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I'm not preapproved for Zync, should I even apply?

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: If I'm not preapproved for Zync, should I even apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I agree Amex has been a bit easy with its approvals lately, but if you are not pre selected, you should ensure that you have filed your taxes this year and are willing to go through F/R (aka income verification)

Vish, I'm not sure what your reasoning is for this.  It's not going to make a difference if OP files his taxes now or not.  I think some people here may have an unfounded and illogical fear of Amex.  And even if they did want to FR, I don't think they would do it at the time of application.

OP, go ahead and apply.  Your scores and income are good and virtually everybody is getting approved for Zync.

I said this because when I applied for Amex last time, they held up my application and asked me for 4506T (I reapplied last month and got the zync though).

I am not trying to ask the OP to not apply. I am kinda sure that he will get approved, I was just a bit cautious and thought its already tax days, if he can hold a few days and have tax docs ready (just in case), that cant hurt.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I hit the submit button; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Thank you for all of your suggestions and insight; truly appreciated!

Message 12 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

No instant approval?

Let us know how it goes...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but I expected that because my house was broken into on the 19th and I have a fraud alert on my reports.  I applied yesterday morning for Discover and got a phone call last night from them verifying that I opened my account.  If I don't get a phone call in the next few days, then I'll start to worry....

Message 14 of 20
danisgods
Regular Contributor

well, i check , i nothing came out for me , i applied anyway, i was not approved immediately , but after two days of looking up the status on the application, it was saying processing, so i just got tired of wating and called, got approved right away over the phone,so.... i think its a give or take situation./

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!  Now to put on my gardening gloves!

Message 16 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

Approved?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, didn't even ask for income verification--just confirmed the name to appear on the card

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woot-woot party time! 

I'll send you a pair of those lovely gardening gloves to help celebrate.  Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, didn't even ask for income verification--just confirmed the name to appear on the card

Congrats. I got my zync last week. I hope if I treat it well, it will treat me well too.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.