cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I pay down and stop using a CC, could/will they cancel it?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: If I pay down and stop using a CC, could/will they cancel it?

We ADHD'ers learn to find solutions that KISS! ("keep it simple, stupid" ) Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling that is a great Idea!  1 MC and 1 gas card each month - and rotate them.  Use the 4th MC to pay all house bills -- YES!!!!!!!  Great way to keep everyhthing active.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great ideas everybody!

Amex definitely loves to cancel due to inactivity.

No sense in keeping a card open if it's not helping anybody.  This even goes for annual fee charge cards.  They don't care about the annual fee, they want you charging.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that idea, I'll give it some thought.  Only problem is I have like 8 cards, so maybe I'll use 2 each month or something.  Haven't figured this one all out yet. 

Thanks for the advice.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

esfour wrote:
I like that idea, I'll give it some thought.  Only problem is I have like 8 cards, so maybe I'll use 2 each month or something.  Haven't figured this one all out yet. 

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I read another thread this good idea about cycling through cards.  That's definitely the best way to manage credit.  Sock Drawer majority and occassionally dust them off for some swipeage.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do!

On a sidenote:  about $900 of the $4k or so I paid off of my CCs posted on my TC account today...   My TU and EX score popped 15 points each!  I can't wait for the other ~$3,100 and $1,000 in CLIs to hit! 

Love this forum.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.