Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: If I pay down and stop using a CC, could/will they cancel it?

We ADHD'ers learn to find solutions that KISS! ("keep it simple, stupid" ) :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
Lady_Scarlet

Hauling that is a great Idea!  1 MC and 1 gas card each month - and rotate them.  Use the 4th MC to pay all house bills -- YES!!!!!!!  Great way to keep everyhthing active.
Now a member of the UNOFFICIAL 700 Club - Plus scores of 734-734-747
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

Great ideas everybody!

Amex definitely loves to cancel due to inactivity.

No sense in keeping a card open if it's not helping anybody.  This even goes for annual fee charge cards.  They don't care about the annual fee, they want you charging.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Established Member
esfour

I like that idea, I'll give it some thought.  Only problem is I have like 8 cards, so maybe I'll use 2 each month or something.  Haven't figured this one all out yet. 

Thanks for the advice.
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

esfour wrote:
I like that idea, I'll give it some thought.  Only problem is I have like 8 cards, so maybe I'll use 2 each month or something.  Haven't figured this one all out yet. 

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I read another thread this good idea about cycling through cards.  That's definitely the best way to manage credit.  Sock Drawer majority and occassionally dust them off for some swipeage.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Established Member
esfour

Will do!

On a sidenote:  about $900 of the $4k or so I paid off of my CCs posted on my TC account today...   My TU and EX score popped 15 points each!  I can't wait for the other ~$3,100 and $1,000 in CLIs to hit! 

Love this forum.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+