cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I rebuild enough to get an Amex, will age of account backdate because of old corporate card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I rebuild enough to get an Amex, will age of account backdate because of old corporate card?

I know that when someone gets a new Amex after having an older one, the history of the account shows since the original open date for the older one. Does the same thing happen when someone had a corporate card? I've had once since 2012. I'm hoping that once I rebuild credit enough to app and get an Amex, I could bolster my age of the account this way. When I log in, it says card member since 2012.

I imagine it wouldn't work that way, but it sure would be nice. Any thoughts, experts? Smiley Happy

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: If I rebuild enough to get an Amex, will age of account backdate because of old corporate card?

Interesting question...wish someone had an answer would be good to know...Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I rebuild enough to get an Amex, will age of account backdate because of old corporate card?

No.
Message 3 of 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

AMEX has been reported to stop backdating to credit bureaus.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex doesn't do this anymore. No backdating period.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one does it anymore.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly it was kind of sketchy and didn't really make sense for them to do it. Either way backdating doesn't exist anymore.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't sketchy. It was awesome.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the best perk ever. Too bad is over.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It wasn't sketchy. It was awesome.

No sketchy for us of course! I mean for the lender Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.