Established Contributor
jaybird201

If at first you don't succeed...Call, call again.

So I just got off the phone with a CSR at Fidelity. I experienced a phenomena that fascinates me everytime I experience it, whether it is with a Fidelity CSR, BofA CSR, Citibank CSR or even an AmEx or Discover CSR.

I began to type out the long story, but in order to keep you awake, I'll make it short. Over the past week I have made 6 phone calls to Fidelity CSRs (Who are almost always helpful and very knowledgeable).

The first call was to inquire whether I would be able to buy an investment even though I didn't have the minimum amount required. He said that it wasn't a problem, they just needed to override the system and that they did it all the time.

So I proceed to transfer my money to Fidelity cash account and call in to get them to do their override thing and they tell me that they can't do it. I hang up. I call back again, same response. I then ask to speak to a supervisor. He says they can't do it.

I then call back AGAIN. Same response.

Then I remembered my several recon calls to BofA after being denied for a credit card and how nonchalant the guy was that actually approved me for it...and gave me the maximum CL for the card...

I call one more time. Not only was she helpful and able to do it. But she didn't even mention the fact that she was doing anything special!

So just a reminder, the system is workable. These people are all different. To some being a CSR is a way to help people, not just a job. They have good and bad days and their willingness to help you will vary. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Valued Member
mindbot7

Re: If at first you don't succeed...Call, call again.

[ Edited ]
99% true.

thanks for sharing the story.

Message Edited by mindbot7 on 09-27-2008 02:27 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}