Established Contributor

If at first you don't succeed...Call, call again.

So I just got off the phone with a CSR at Fidelity. I experienced a phenomena that fascinates me everytime I experience it, whether it is with a Fidelity CSR, BofA CSR, Citibank CSR or even an AmEx or Discover CSR.

I began to type out the long story, but in order to keep you awake, I'll make it short. Over the past week I have made 6 phone calls to Fidelity CSRs (Who are almost always helpful and very knowledgeable).

The first call was to inquire whether I would be able to buy an investment even though I didn't have the minimum amount required. He said that it wasn't a problem, they just needed to override the system and that they did it all the time.

So I proceed to transfer my money to Fidelity cash account and call in to get them to do their override thing and they tell me that they can't do it. I hang up. I call back again, same response. I then ask to speak to a supervisor. He says they can't do it.

I then call back AGAIN. Same response.

Then I remembered my several recon calls to BofA after being denied for a credit card and how nonchalant the guy was that actually approved me for it...and gave me the maximum CL for the card...

I call one more time. Not only was she helpful and able to do it. But she didn't even mention the fact that she was doing anything special!

So just a reminder, the system is workable. These people are all different. To some being a CSR is a way to help people, not just a job. They have good and bad days and their willingness to help you will vary. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Valued Member

Re: If at first you don't succeed...Call, call again.

[ Edited ]
99% true.

thanks for sharing the story.

Message Edited by mindbot7 on 09-27-2008 02:27 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.