cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If at first you don't succeed! (Discover IT)

tag
Eightiron
Contributor

Re: If at first you don't succeed! (Discover IT)

I'm really excited about the 4th quarter category. Glad I got in on time. Has anyone verified from years past if buying gift cards online works?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 11 of 14
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your persistance!! I applied and needed a co-signer as well, called to re-con and they said I have a a tax lien and too many inuiries. So when they say I need a co-signer, does that mean I have a chance of re-con or their on the border line of approval? If I don't even qualify wouldn't they just say no even with a co-signer?? Any thoughts? Thank you.

Message 12 of 14
Eightiron
Contributor

From what I gathered they want a co signer because they want to build a relationship with you, but don't fully trust you. I would work up in your head a quick speech that will ease their minds of your previous short falls. I don't have any baddies, but no revolving accounts showing. Only 3 car loans. I simply point out to the right person that at 25 I have payed off 2 car loans and am working on a third. All without a late payment.

You have to catch them on a good day. And help them feel confident you are responsible and will pay your debts.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 13 of 14
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I tried calling again today but the csr didn't even try to re-con, she just took a look at my app and said "base on our criteria, we do still need a co-signer" I don't even think she took what I said in consideration but just went by the books. Can you pm me with the number you called, maybe that dept. can do something for me. Thank you.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.