Frequent Contributor
ShiningDown

If scores are higher does bank lower apr ?

I just  had two 150 day lates removed from my report , if my scores go up  will I qualify for a lower apr ?    I will be getting a limit increase review in december.  My scores have been under 697 and if they go up I may qualify for a lower apr.  Should I ask for a lower apr if scores go up. Im at 11.99 with chase right now , is it pushing it to ask for it to be lowered ? Also they just upgraded my card to freedom after I called and asked. 

Frequent Contributor
Odiseous

Re: If scores are higher does bank lower apr ?

cats63 wrote:

I just  had two 150 day lates removed from my report , if my scores go up  will I qualify for a lower apr ?    I will be getting a limit increase review in december.  My scores have been under 697 and if they go up I may qualify for a lower apr.  Should I ask for a lower apr if scores go up. Im at 11.99 with chase right now , is it pushing it to ask for it to be lowered ? Also they just upgraded my card to freedom after I called and asked. 

I don't know if you'll get any lower than 11.99% on the Freedom. 

Looking at the current available APRs for new Freedom apps; the Freedom starts at 11.99, and goes up from there. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx

As always, YMMV.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

While you may already be at the lowest level for the Freedom, there really is no downside to asking.  I don't think anyone does hard credit pulls for asking for an APR reduction.  I've never heard of that anyway (but as I've said before, without trying too hard you could fill a book with things I've never heard of that are true).

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Guava

Honestly, you'll be hard-pressed to find ANY card with rate lower than 11.99; and reward credit cards typically have high interest rate, you are pretty fortunate to have a freedom with just 11.99%.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
ptr2593

11.99 is already very low, especially for Freedom.  Doesn't hurt to ask, but don't get your hopes up.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Frequent Contributor
ShiningDown

Thanks for the advice.  I think I will just stay where Im at 11.99 %. I wasn't sure if 11.99 was good or just OK but now I guess I feel lucky to have 11.99%. I have to wait 30-45 days before my scores will change I wonder what impact  two sears accounts 150 days late from 2006 will   have on my scores after they  disappear from my credit report.  When I get my balance down what  score should I have for a city card with balance transfer, what bureau does city use in Wisconsin or anywhere. 

Valued Contributor
mxp114

Anyone have a Chase Sapphire below 15.24%? Is that possible? The lowest I see is 15.24% which is my rate.

Frequent Contributor
ShiningDown

[ Edited ]

Not to change your question I  wanted to say I was at 13.24 for over 3 years before they changed my apr to 11.99 %.  I have had a checking account with chase  for a long time also. I thought I saw the freedom card advertised for 9.99 somewhere ?

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

cats63 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  I think I will just stay where Im at 11.99 %. I wasn't sure if 11.99 was good or just OK but now I guess I feel lucky to have 11.99%. I have to wait 30-45 days before my scores will change I wonder what impact  two sears accounts 150 days late from 2006 will   have on my scores after they  disappear from my credit report.  When I get my balance down what  score should I have for a city card with balance transfer, what bureau does city use in Wisconsin or anywhere. 

For a little perspective, I was approved with a 716 EX and they hit me with a 22.99 (highest at the time) APR.  I know 716 isn't anything to brag about, but i don't think it deserves the highest interest rate either.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}