Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If u had to choose two of these cards

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: If u had to choose two of these cards

Lot of interesting answers, so how about Amex?

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 21 of 52
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

which two would u pick? I am looking to add two cards some time next year.

Chase Freedom

Chase Sapphire

Sallie Mae Worldcard

Wells Fargo Cash Back

Citi thank u

citi thank u preferred

Amex Bluecash Everyday

Discover It

US bank cash plus

Or two others u recommend.

I really want the Wells Fargo card and Amex BCE. Cash back and no AF are my main features. Thanks.

Sallie Mae World Mastercard

US Bank Cash +

These two for sure.

In fact, they are next on my list of cards to get. I only recently found out about them. Otherwise, those would have been the first card I open.

I have Chase Sapphire and Freedom Visa Signature nut I think Sallie Mae and Cash + combo is much better in terms of rewards.

However, the rewards are capped for both cards so make sure you check on that before getting them.

Also, if you're into rewards, Fidelity Amex offers 2% back on everything. I recently opened that one as well.

Anyways, good luck! Let us know what you end up getting.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 22 of 52
flowfaster
Established Contributor

The best on the list IMO for cash back and no AF are the Cash+ and SM.  One that has already been suggested but is not on your list is the Fidelity Amex.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 23 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

The best on the list IMO for cash back and no AF are the Cash+ and SM.  One that has already been suggested but is not on your list is the Fidelity Amex.

Well, "best" depends on the spending patterns.  If you don't use gas or bookstores/Amazon, and either spend very little or a lot at groceries, SM may not make it into the top two.  Cash Plus does better because it has a lot of possible 5% categories, but some people might find it hard to find two useful ones.

Fidelity Amex is a good "filler" card, and maybe if I was only allowed two cards, that might be one of them

Message 24 of 52
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

US Bank Cash+ and Sallie Mae World mastercard. For the reasons listed in my signature.

Of course, this assumes you can accept the spending caps on each card. And that you are seeking Cash Back.

Personally I don't spend more than $250 a month on grocery, so my Amex BCE has become redundant.

PS: the Cash+ is actually more than 5% cash back, assuming you cash out $100 worth of rewards at one time, once per year, as that gains you an additional $25.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 25 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

US Bank Cash+ and Sallie Mae World mastercard. For the reasons listed in my signature.

Of course, this assumes you can accept the spending caps on each card. And that you are seeking Cash Back.

Personally I don't spend more than $250 a month on grocery, so my Amex BCE has become redundant.

Since it is a BCE rather than BCP, and you have the priceline, a little more marginal, but you can use the BCE to buy gift cards to places you go and get 3% rather than 2%.  Or if you spend VERY little on real groceries, use SM for 5%

Message 26 of 52
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

i have reviewed the 5% cash back per quarter on the chase freedom for restaurants and gasoline up to $1500.Thats more than the 3% for gas from BOA and 2% from Chase Amazon for restaurants I currently get. Will definitely keep my eye on this one. Im pretty much set on getting the BCE.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 27 of 52
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

already got three offers for the citi diamond, but doesnt offer rewards lol

Message 28 of 52
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae MC and Cash+. That way you get 5% on groceries, gas, restaurants/fast food, and book stores as well as 2% at drugstores

Message 29 of 52
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

PS: the Cash+ is actually more than 5% cash back, assuming you cash out $100 worth of rewards at one time, once per year, as that gains you an additional $25.

You have an awesome signature!

I thought I had pretty good rewards combination (5% gas, 3% groceries, 2% restaurants) until I first saw your sigs. I wished I had known about US Cash + and Sallie Mae before going out on a crazy app spree lol. Oh well, those two are definitely next on my list of cards and will get them eventually.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.