cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Tough question. My go to card is my Amex Gold Rewards Plus. There are so few places that I go to that do not accept it, I would probably keep it as my "1" card.  But, that said, if I needed to go out of the country, either the MC or the Visa.

Well, i guess i have been lucky.  Never had my Amex refused.  Maybe it's because i look for the amex logo on the door before i pull it out! 

Message 41 of 73
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@namvet wrote:

Some of the younger people here won't remember this man from the 70s.  Karl Malden endorsed Amex and i took his recommendation.  Still "won't leave home without it".

Unlike the 70's, Now, you may not make it back home with it. 

Message 42 of 73
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@namvet wrote:

Some of the younger people here won't remember this man from the 70s.  Karl Malden endorsed Amex and i took his recommendation.  Still "won't leave home without it".

hilarious!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 73
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@dharalex wrote:
I would carry my Amex Blue Cash Preferred...I love it so much, I'm willing to not do business with merchants that won't accept it!

My sentiments exactly. The relationship with AMEX is the most preferred credit card relationship for numerous reasons. The main reason is they ALWAYS side with the cardmember in a dispute. That is truly priceless. AMEX BCP has the best rewards overall for me. If a merchant does not accept it I do not need what they are selling. The customer service is truly the best. I drink the AMEX Koolaid every day.

Message 44 of 73
Guava
Established Contributor

It'd be the Freedom for me

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank.

$10k CL....great APR...and they are just dying to give me a deal most of the time.

Message 46 of 73
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I still use specific cards for specific purposes, but if someone put a gun to my head and said "one and only one", I guess I'd go with the Blue Cash Preferred:

6% grocs

3% gas

3% department stores (not really my thing, but oh well)

1% everywhere else

Gas and grocs are my biggies, and this one seems to be the best combo for my circumstances.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 47 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@namvet wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Tough question. My go to card is my Amex Gold Rewards Plus. There are so few places that I go to that do not accept it, I would probably keep it as my "1" card.  But, that said, if I needed to go out of the country, either the MC or the Visa.

Well, i guess i have been lucky.  Never had my Amex refused.  Maybe it's because i look for the amex logo on the door before i pull it out! 

LOL...works every time, kind of hard to miss that big blue box logo.

Message 48 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@namvet wrote:

hilarious!! Smiley Very Happy

This was funny!

Message 49 of 73
mokong
Regular Contributor

citi ty preferred world mastercard.

Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.