cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

tag
Genecio
Valued Member

Re: If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

It'd have to be  between my Amex Green and My BCE.

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Message 51 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to agree with the OP and also say the "Chase Freedom" love the rewards and cashback Smiley Very Happy
Message 52 of 73
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Chase freedom because of the 11.99 apr and highest cl

Message 53 of 73
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My cap1...cause it has my highest limit (wow, that's not something you hear every day)

If I could pick any card to use (even one I didn't have) it'd be either a Centurion, or a palladium....I just want to order palladium replacement cards and melt them down...
Message 54 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

So hard to pick just one, but if I had to, it would be Amex's SPG.  

However, I think the US Bank Cash card would be the ideal "one" card for cash rewards.

Message 55 of 73
doggeral

I would carry US Bank Cash+  Between the gold checking package and redemption bonus.  It has the highest flat cash back rate for a card that also has accelerated rewards at 1.5% (or just over).  6.5% on bill pay is fantastic since bills are always there and high no matter what.   Then the ability to pick an additional 6.5% category based on what i might buy is invaluable.  On top of that its a Visa.  Just hope they don't lower the rewards.

A close second would be the Fidelity Amex, but with no backup card Amex still isn't quite as widely accepted where I live as Visa/Mastercard.

Message 56 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@doggeral wrote:

I would carry US Bank Cash+  Between the gold checking package and redemption bonus.  It has the highest flat cash back rate for a card that also has accelerated rewards at 1.5% (or just over).  6.5% on bill pay is fantastic since bills are always there and high no matter what.   Then the ability to pick an additional 6.5% category based on what i might buy is invaluable.  On top of that its a Visa.  Just hope they don't lower the rewards.

Can't disagree with any of the above.  This is the first cash back card I've ever found compelling.  I don't understand why anyone who wants cash back wouldn't just apply and use this as their main card.  Freedom and Discover can take a back seat to this one.

If they keep it this way (which I hope they do), this will be THE most sought after cashback card.  I'm glad to see an issuer other than Chase and Amex offer a very compelling product.  Competition can only benefit us consumers.

Message 57 of 73
andre181
Established Contributor

Definitely my Discover More

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 58 of 73
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

If i were to have an ideal card, id be the us bank cash+.

And choosing from the card i currently have, it would be amex bcp. X3cli around the corner and amex cardholder benefits beat them all. There is no place in miami i go to where they take discover and not amex.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 59 of 73
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I think I'm going to have to switch my vote since then last time I posted. For me it's now my United MP Club WEMC. It has tons of benefits and earning power all in one card.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 60 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.