cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you could only carry 1 card which would it be?

I think I'd have to change my vote now too.  I would have to go with the Sapphire Preferred over the Amex Green.  I've been going over the benefits and rewards programs associated with both since I got my Sapphire last week and I'm thinking the Sapphire is the overall better card.  I'm a little surprised Amex hasn't done more to stay competitive with Chase, like how the MR program has actually lost valuable partners while the UR program keeps getting better.  Also things like no forex, dedicated US customer service that answers right away, 2x on dining and travel really make the Sapphire shine over the Green.

Message 61 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

For the same fee, Chase's CSP is head and shoulder's superior to the Green.  The comparison isn't even close.

Also, the UAWE Club card's 1.5 UA mile per dollar is pretty awesome, especially considering the UA miles are amongst the most valueable at around 1.8 to 2.0 cents per mile, which makes this a 3 - 3.5 cents per dollar spent.  Hard to beat that reward ratio.

Amex should raise the MR points to 1.5 on the Platinum, or at least to 1.25.

Message 62 of 73
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Chase Palladium ..

Message 63 of 73
swpopham
Established Contributor

Im gonna change the thought process here. If you could only have one credit card something must be very wrong hypothetically speaking. I would use our new chase ink plus. Because i can revolve a balance and it not show on my credit and its the way highest limit we have.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 64 of 73
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash + Visa.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 65 of 73
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I would carry my SDFCU card because it is acceptable worldwide, it has a PIN, it doesn't charge any fees, and, in the case of an emergency where I would need to carry a balance, the APR is lower than my other cards at 8.9%

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 66 of 73
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

For the same fee, Chase's CSP is head and shoulder's superior to the Green.  The comparison isn't even close.

Also, the UAWE Club card's 1.5 UA mile per dollar is pretty awesome, especially considering the UA miles are amongst the most valueable at around 1.8 to 2.0 cents per mile, which makes this a 3 - 3.5 cents per dollar spent.  Hard to beat that reward ratio.

Amex should raise the MR points to 1.5 on the Platinum, or at least to 1.25.

+1 to the Amex plat raising their MR earning. That's the biggest weakness of that card currently. However I'm guessing this done on purpose to get another AF out of you through the PRG, SPG, etc.

However if they did that I'd be all over it, especially since the 100k offer will expire on Sept 4th and I'm still undecided about this.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 67 of 73
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

I see a lot of people mention the CSP customer service as better/on par with Amex.   How are they with handling extended warranties, etc? Wouldn't that go through Visa/MC?

As far as one card goes, out of my current selection it'd be my Zync.  Better CS than my Ciit cards.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 68 of 73
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 69 of 73
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

(Chase Freedom or AMEX BCP once I get them LOL)

NFCU cashrewards as of what I have now. Highest limit and no min to redeem cb

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.