cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could only have credit cards from ONE bank.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you could only have credit cards from ONE bank.....

Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time I get steam for saying what's on my mind.
Message 51 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time I get steam for saying what's on my mind.

@Anonymous will be fine @AnonymousSmiley Happy  I know some people hate Chase through and through and I'd like to hear their stories too... 

Message 52 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have to pick BBVA.  Who else would give a guy rebuilding a 3.9% loan and an AMEX with $9000 SL.  They have treated me good while being in the low point of my financial life and enabled me to begin  the process of having sound financial health.  Cap 1 would be # 2 only because they didn't give me an auto loan, but have not turned me down when I have applied with them.  Haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Chase, Citi, or Barclays. BBBA, USAA, Cap 1, Amex, and Synchrony have allowed me to have nearly $50000 in available credit when the big 3 would not touch me.  I'm glad for those who have reached the top tier, but I can admit to be happy as a mid level player. 

Message 53 of 60
chwebb1
Established Contributor

For me, it would be Bank of America. Good rewards, customer service, APR, and credit lines. Visa/MC is accepted everywhere. I have yet to find something that I don't like about them.

Runner up: Discover. Great customer service and good rewards. Very close runner up. Slightly more limited acceptance compared to BoA.

2nd runner up: Barclaycard: Good customer service on  the Ring, and I have good APRs on both my Ring and Sallie Mae, but they are stingy on credit limits, and in my opinion, the customer service team for the Sallie Mae leaves a lot to be desired.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 54 of 60
galahad15
Valued Contributor

For me, it would prolly be a tie between BoA and FNBO.  BoA, b/c they have my last remaining/open fixed-rate card (also with rewards), at 9.99% F.  Also FNBO too tho, b/c they have given me some pretty-sweet, mutiple promotional rates and offers, and they approved me for my most recent new card addition, the FNBO AMEX at 6.25% V.

Message 55 of 60
DaveinSC
Contributor

The only bank for me (and it ain't for everyone), is USAA. Their credit card offerings (and insurance products) are first rate, and their service is legendary.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 56 of 60
paris75
New Contributor

Chase
Message 57 of 60
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Chase.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 58 of 60
victor7
Established Member

For me, this is a no-brainer: JPMorgan Chase.

• It would have to be a bank that issues Visa & Mastercard, as those are the most widely-accepted networks.
  • Chase has a nice portfolio of credit card products, serving a lot of different needs.
  • My personal experience with Chase is that their customer service is outstanding. (In fact, I've been so impressed by their credit card customer service over the years that I eventually became a Chase Private Client, and then a JP Morgan client.)

I've had some pretty serious screw-ups from other banks, which have been a total pain to get corrected. When things are working well, everyone looks good; it's when things go wrong that one's true character is revealed. Everyone screws up (banks, companies, people, etc), but the quality of a company comes through in how they handle their mistakes. Do they recognize their error and correct it? Or do they try to shift blame? I've had fewer problems with Chase, and when I have had them, they have been (relatively) painless to deal with. That tells me a lot.

I know some people have had terrible experiences with Chase, and I'm sure in at least a few of those cases it was not their fault at all. But my experiences have been excellent, and sadly I cannot say that about many of the other banks I've dealt with.

Message 59 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express hands down.  I do not have a Chase card or Barclarcard nor do I care to carry Barclaycard.  I do plan on getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred card sometime in the near future.  I want my accounts to age a bit.  

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.