cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you do a Chase product change - will they give current offer available, or just upgrade?

tag
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

If you do a Chase product change - will they give current offer available, or just upgrade?

My husband has a regular Chase Visa for several years.   Will they upgrade him to a better card?   If so, will they extend current offers (0% BTs, etc)?

Are they easy to deal with?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

Re: If you do a Chase product change - will they give current offer available, or just upgrade?

@SusieQ wrote:

My husband has a regular Chase Visa for several years.   Will they upgrade him to a better card?   If so, will they extend current offers (0% BTs, etc)?

Are they easy to deal with?

If it's not a co-branded card like an Amazon.com card you should be able to upgrade to "a better card" i.e. Sapphire.

However your husband won't get the promotional offers unless he applies for it.

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 2 of 6
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

Re: If you do a Chase product change - will they give current offer available, or just upgrade?

I have to say he HATES Chase.  He has this card since 2003. 

He called in to get a product change and they said this legacy card is considered a Slate card by default, so he could only get another product type.  

Since he really only wanted the Slate for BTs, he got frustrated and then asked for a CLI on the existing card (to keep his AAoA intact).  They didn't deny or approve but said it had to have a manual review and decision rendered in a few days.  

I told him to call back for a manual recon by phone..........his answer?   HE HATES CHASE and will wait for their letter.

Stubborn.....lol

Message 3 of 6
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@SusieQ wrote:

I have to say he HATES Chase.  He has this card since 2003. 

He called in to get a product change and they said this legacy card is considered a Slate card by default, so he could only get another product type.  

Since he really only wanted the Slate for BTs, he got frustrated and then asked for a CLI on the existing card (to keep his AAoA intact).  They didn't deny or approve but said it had to have a manual review and decision rendered in a few days.  

I told him to call back for a manual recon by phone..........his answer?   HE HATES CHASE and will wait for their letter.

Stubborn.....lol

I would have just called directly the recon number for the CLI request itself ... it's personal preference haha

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 4 of 6
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Which Chase card would he want? If he wants the CSP, he should just apply for that one to get the signup bonus and then move the CL from his original Chase.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 5 of 6
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Why not just apply for the card he wants? Then he can do as other have said, transfer limit to the card he wants. Then either close his old card or let it sit with $500 CL. Also wont effect his AAOA if he does close it. Not for 10 years anyways  wont loose uti if he transfer the llimit to new card, like freedom etc.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.