cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you got CLD'd by BofA, did they soft you on TU right beforehand?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: If you got CLD'd by BofA, did they soft you on TU right beforehand?

Hauling BofA softed me on TU using from the Greensboro address but no AA as of yet. Card is only 5K and I was denied a few months back for a CLI. Since the kids have the card it does see usage every month but never more than 6% of the limit. Always PIF too. I think the smaller limits are probably safe larger ones maybe not. Sorry about the AA.
Message 11 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

jmbfl wrote:
Both BofA and Discover pulled account review inquiries on my TU in 04/2009. I see nothing from either of them in the previous two years.

Was the BofA soft from Greensboro or from Delaware? I did find two TU softs with a Delaware address, but they showed under the Promo section. The Greensboro address was in the Account Review.

Discover pulls TU anyway for many people, so that might be OK.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Itsmeagain wrote:

Uh-Oh . . . .

BANK OF AMERICA

pe

4161 PIEDMONT PKWY
1825 E BUCKEYE RD
GREENSBORO , NC 27410
(800) 451-6362 

03/2008

Just checked and there it is.  No action yet.  Is this the Kiss of CLD?  Time will tell.

Fingers crossed for you! I hope you keep us posted, one way or another.

***Oh wait a minute, yours says 2008, not 2009! Did you type this, or copy/ paste this?

I found my surprise new limit out just by clicking on the online account, and there it was. Still no other notification.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled my report (think I also used my annual free report in the process dangit) and I do have an account review from BofA dated 3/2009 out of Greensboro, NC.  No other inquiries (promo or otherwise) on my TU report. My limit is only $1000 on my Accelerated Amex, but in these ecomonic times you never know.
Message 14 of 54
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

You are definitely on to something HTSU!

I received the official CUT yesterday - from $20k to $10k

And yes, they did soft my TU credit report:

BANK OF AMERICA

pe

4161 PIEDMONT PKWY
1825 E BUCKEYE RD
GREENSBORO, NC 27410
(800) 451-6362 

Requested On: 03/2009

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 54
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@jmbfl wrote:
Both BofA and Discover pulled account review inquiries on my TU in 04/2009. I see nothing from either of them in the previous two years.

Was the BofA soft from Greensboro or from Delaware? I did find two TU softs with a Delaware address, but they showed under the Promo section. The Greensboro address was in the Account Review.

Discover pulls TU anyway for many people, so that might be OK.

It mos def was NC. The corporate HQ of BofA is located in NC so I don't find that particularly odd. I suspect that every BofA account will reviewed there eventually. It also is the one year point for that account. I find the Discover INQ a little stranger - they have never looked there before and it is an odd time. Anyway, they both keep churning out the BT offers at 3.99%/9 months and 1.99%/6 months, 3.99%/10 months respectively so I am not too worried about it. It's just about time for some balance realignment so if I get RJ'ed and the BT offers are still out there that wll be a tremendous incentive to get to it.

This is all probably the work of some industrious sales and marketing people at TU pushing the increased use of their information during this time of credit tribulation. Gotta make a buck somehow...

DISCOVER FINCL SVC LLC

2500 LAKE COOK RD
RIVERWOODS , IL 60015-3851
(800) 347-2683 

Requested On:
04/2009

BANK OF AMERICA

4161 PIEDMONT PKWY
1825 E BUCKEYE RD
GREENSBORO , NC 27410
(800) 451-6362 

Requested On:
04/2009

Message Edited by jmbfl on 04-18-2009 11:43 AM
Message 16 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, you know how it goes....one man/woman's tragedy is another's opportunity to use it against them Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

just to let you all know, credit card companies softing you isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's fairly routine among creditors. navy federal softs its members -- the ones that have loan products at least -- every other month. it's basically just checking to see if your credit has gone to @^$% so they can adjust your rate accordingly.

Message 18 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe they were looking at unusual patterns of account review in relationship to AA thereafter.
Message 19 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe they were looking at unusual patterns of account review in relationship to AA thereafter.

possible. if you see frequent softs though, it doesn't necessarily mean they're looking to hurt you. they just want to make sure they have a quality portfolio. sometimes softs allow them to lower your apr if your credit increases significantly.

Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.