cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you got CLD'd by BofA, did they soft you on TU right beforehand?

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: If you got CLD'd by BofA, did they soft you on TU right beforehand?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Wow, your shields must be up and fully powered! Smiley Very Happy

I believe the shields are 1. accounts that are aged 13 and 17 years with BoA, 2. a total credit history of 28 years, 3. an average age on ALL accounts of 12 years and 4. zero negative information on the file.  I think they look at that and conclude 'Why bother?  Is there really any risk there?'.  I firmly believe you are inoculated with a l-o-o-o-n-g credit history, everything else being equal.  I may be surprised with my CLD, but my gut feel is I won't.
Message 41 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watchman -

do you regularly use those accounts?  And how much do you put on a balance in any given month (high intra-month balance)?

Message 42 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Watchmann wrote:

I believe the shields are 1. accounts that are aged 13 and 17 years with BoA, 2. a total credit history of 28 years, 3. an average age on ALL accounts of 12 years and 4. zero negative information on the file.  I think they look at that and conclude 'Why bother?  Is there really any risk there?'.  I firmly believe you are inoculated with a l-o-o-o-n-g credit history, everything else being equal.  I may be surprised with my CLD, but my gut feel is I won't.

Well, from your mouth to God's ears.

You do realize, though, that this particular group of CLD's have nothing to do with risk, but rather with low-hanging fruit, in the form of large credit lines that are barely being used? I know you're aware that psychic has a very similar profile and history as you, and they got him a few weeks ago.

At any rate, it's pretty irrelevant for us, as we have such low util that the lost CL isn't particularly missed in total CL. My util is something like 1/100 of 1% or something crazy like that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:

Well, my shields were at:

1. 25 years

2. 31 years

3. 9 years

4. 0 negatives

Message 44 of 54
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:

Well, my shields were at:

1. 25 years

2. 31 years

3. 9 years

4. 0 negatives

Since none of us are privy to the modeling as to what they are looking at in detail it is all conjecture.  It seems one of the newest flavors in the system is looking at where you live and who you work for.  I don't live in an area that saw huge price inflation in housing nor huge decreases,  unemployment in the area is lower than the national average, and I work in an industry that isn't going out of business any time soon and which has suffered very few layoffs.  Does that tip me to the non-CLD side?  I dunno, but it might be a factor.
Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I was CLD on one card, and CLI on the other. Smiley Surprised

I'm actually excited about it, AND it sort of made sense. They CLD'd the card that I use a lot less and CLI'd the card that I use more and charge higher ticket items on. The card they increased is now up to $12k and that's my highest CL and the first card to reach over $10k limit, so I'm kind of glad. 

I know it sounds strange, but really, I'm happy about it. 

They softed me on TU in March and softed me on EX in April. Currently live on Long Island, NY and PIF every month, don't carry balances on any cards and all scores are over 750. 

Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious. Has anyone been brave enough to call and ask for the CL back?
Message 47 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Seems like a few people have pulled this off (on other threads, though.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 48 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm going to give it a whirl then. I really haven't used as much of my CL on the one card as I do on the other, but with closing on the house last week, I have cabinets and granite lined up to purchase and was going to use the card they CLD. Maybe I'll be able to sweet talk 'em.
Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and I'm sure they tanked my freakin' scores since they already updated to the CB's and I have balances on both of these cards now!!  Over $4k on one of them. I NEVER would have let that happen. Last month I strategically let $6 report on just one card...LOL. Never would have 2 cards report large balances. Bastages!
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.