cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you got Discover in January or February....

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: If you got Discover in January or February....

Discover is an odd duck.

This is the second time this happened to me with their reporting, but with my most recent Feb CLI, they did not report at Feb ME either the updated outstanding balance or my new CL.  I still show my January balance on all 3 CR and my Jan CL.

Its ok for me since my balance went up month-over-month but strange never the less.

I guess the point I was making is their reporting can be weird.

Message 11 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I opened Discover in November, and it started reporting in Feb

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Approved feb 8th and posted exactly one week later. No statement cut yet
Message 13 of 17
Jonbo299
Established Member

I already have Discover but switched to their IT card in January. For some reason up until 3/10 it still had not updated by credit report with the much lower remaining balance and auto-CLI. After calling, the rep sent an 'out of cycle' update to the bureau's. Finally updated the balance and new limit on Friday. So it's possible Discover had some fluke since I was in a similar but different boat.

Message 14 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

anyone of u want to refer my gf for the sign up bonus? ^_^

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 17
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Sure pm me her email and I'll send a referral link.
Message 16 of 17
Playdo

Mine was opened on 2/24 and it reported to EX and TU on 3/1 (can't verify EQ). I didn't make my first purchase until 3/3 and my first statment just came out. So mine wasn't triggered by a statment, purchase, payment, etc.

Angel G.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.