Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you had to just pick one......

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: If you had to just pick one......

@CostantinoA wrote:

If you had to pick just one Visa/Master card that hands down is the best card out there, which one would it be?

As your answers show, there just isn't a consensus for a clear favorite. No card is the best at everything, or even most things. If one was, it would be so unprofitable for the issuer that it would be quickly taken off the market.

Even if the world of private banking cards, where the economics are a little bit different and banks want to keep customers for non-CC reasons (so might be willing to operate the CC side at a moderate loss), nothing is hands down the best.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I like my Venture. It's surprising how much faster 2% seems to grow than 1-1.5%. Also, my jetBlue for groceries at 2%. Can't wait to be able to qualify for a card that has an even greater percentage of cashback/travel rewards other than Discover and Amazon Prime. ☺
Message 12 of 39
happypill
Valued Contributor

If you have the right relationship with BofA, the Travel Rewards card is probably the best thing around.  2.625% rewards on everything, no AF and also comes with a sign-on bonus worth $200.  I'm getting pretty close to pulling it out for everything these days.

The only card that really prevents me from going with the BofA Travel Rewards is the SSFCU Power Travel Rewards card, which gives 3.3% on travel, dining and gas.  Travel & Dining are two of my biggest categories, so this card still gets some regular use from me.

Other than that, I use a Penfed card for gas and an Amazon Store card for Amazon, but those are very specific an not in the "just pick one" conversation.

Message 13 of 39
yfan
Valued Contributor

The Costco Citi Visa. Not only is the rewards program generous, using it to buy electronics from Costco results in 4 year warranty coverage (2 years through Costco Concierge, extended another 2 years if you purchase using the Citi Costco).

Message 14 of 39
Kforce
Valued Contributor

FNBO 2% Cashback Visa

2% cashback and can be used at Costco unlike the Citi-DC

Message 15 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay Arrival +  2.05 percent back on everything for use towards any time of travel.  Hotel, Rental Cars, Expedia, Airfare whatever  And you get bonus points just for posting on their travel site. No FTF.  

Do you get the AF waived?   Or just spend enough so that the extra 0.05 (+ no FTF) makes up for the fee vs a free 2% card?

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay Arrival +  2.05 percent back on everything for use towards any time of travel.  Hotel, Rental Cars, Expedia, Airfare whatever  And you get bonus points just for posting on their travel site. No FTF.  

Do you get the AF waived?   Or just spend enough so that the extra 0.05 (+ no FTF) makes up for the fee vs a free 2% card?

I haven't had it for a year but have earned over 2000 points making four posts on their travel site.  Seems easy enough to earn annual fee back by posting on travel site.

Message 17 of 39
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Right now for me it's the Citi ThankYou Premier.  It has the best earning structure of any single card out there for transferrable points.  Except for maybe the Amex EDP.

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

If I had to pick one I currently own, Amazon Store card. I shop there so much, sometimes too much.

Late edit: Just not saw you mentioned Visa/MC. Oops.

I have the Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card and it's my most used card from 5% back for Amazon purchases and 2% on restaurants and gas.  I've started using my AMEX PRG instead for every day purchases, but the Amazon card has been great for me.

Message 19 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dont have it cant get it but perhaps the USAA Limitless 2.5 % backcash card
Smiley Happy

+1

The USAA Limitless would be my pick as well.  Smiley Very Happy

If we're still talking about having to choose a single card a (very) close second would be one of my Quicksilvers; I know many have a love/hate relationship with Capital One, but they've been rock-solid for me for over a decade now.

I'll also add that once the credit line on my Limitless starts to grow they will likely be even more firmly in first place.  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.