cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you had to recommend one and only one card to someone.

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: If you had to recommend one and only one card to someone.

@gercredit wrote:

Double Cash, Quicksilver, Discover IT Miles

I think that's more than one. Smiley LOL

OTOH, if they've all been combined into one supercard, where do I sign up?!

Message 31 of 33
happypill
Valued Contributor

I think Sallie Mae or Quicksilver would be good choices.  Accepted everywhere and easy redemptions make them simple for CC newbies.

I wouldn't recomment a Discover.  Rotating categories are a pain and you'll always be walking into restaurants wondering "do they take Discover"?  Same question applies to Amex to a lesser extent.

I'd recommend newbies stick with Visa/MC, and a straight cash back with easy redemptions.  If they get into it they can decide what type of points they like to chase.

Message 32 of 33
seantsi90
Established Member

My go to card is my CSP , I simply love everything about this card. Best of all .... the dedicated customer service that comes with it. The 2 times i had to call I never had to wait at always state side english speaking reps. (Which is even in there welcome package) 2nd card probably my amex bce

Discover It 2.5k, Capital One Venture 3k, Capital One Quicksilver 2k, WCU 5k Citi Thank You Preferred 5k, Chase Freedom 7.5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k, Amex BCE 7.5k , Ashley furniture credit 1k
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.