cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you're a AMEX member would it be easier for future approvals?

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

If you're a AMEX member would it be easier for future approvals?

I'm a new Zync member with AMEX( 2 months now), but I would like to have a Blue sometime in the near future. I don't want to product change because I still want a charge card. However, I do want another AMEX card, so would It be easier for approval if I apply within 6-12 months from now?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: If you're a AMEX member would it be easier for future approvals?

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I'm a new Zync member with AMEX( 2 months now), but I would like to have a Blue sometime in the near future. I don't want to product change because I still want a charge card. However, I do want another AMEX card, so would It be easier for approval if I apply within 6-12 months from now?

6 months is my magic number for amex in my opinion

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it seems to be easier based on what I've read.  Congrats on being "in"

When/If I get in, I plan on waiting 12 months, but definitely at least 6.....

Message 3 of 14
CrdtLrnr
New Contributor

Using your current AMEX CC and paying in full each month will give you important credit history specifically with AMEX.  The AMEX CSRs I have talked with told me this is a consideration in their application approval process.   The following link will take you to some information that AMEX uses for business accounts.  I believe there isn't much difference when they are looking at applications for personal accounts. Smiley Wink

http://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/smallbusiness/smartcreditguide/credit_and_yo...

Message 4 of 14
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Thanks for the informations!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 14
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Also you can't product change from a charge card to a revolving card. Its a new application because its a totally different product in their eyes so its a "hard pull" by it self. I've been hearing 6 months is the magic number too.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: If you're a AMES member would it be easier for future approvals?

Hi

Six months may be the agreed standard, but I was lucky to get my second AMEX charge card 2 months after the first one!

After reading all the positive comments by so many getting cards from AMEX, I thought I would try for the second one while they were generous and the only thing I had to loose was a hard inquiry which I could afford to give up on Experian.

It was not instant and took 4 days, but in the end, it arrived and I just activated it. 

Message 7 of 14
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

What card did you get? And what was your first product?

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Zync first, Platinum today. 

TU just over 700, EQ 690, EX??? and had 2 inquiries before this 3rd one but 2 of 3 are from AMEX in just the past 60 days, they hard inq me both times.  Zync was instant and Platinum took 4 days.

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

why would you want 2 personal charge cards?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.