Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you were approved for venture

tag
mark293
Regular Contributor

Re: If you were approved for venture

30k @ 12.9
Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 71 of 122
JamP
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I very much appreciate your taking the time to explain this to me - but I'm still confused.  So, I don't need to PC, just app for the Venture?  All of my cards have balancds on them.

Correct, you don't need to PC. Since Cap One now allows the combining of limits you can - once you meet the qualifications - simply transfer the limit from the Venture to another card of your choice.

I app'd and got approved for 5k for the Venture!  22% ... should I recon?

Thank you, thank you, thank you1 

One question.  Why would I transfer the limits from my Venture to my other cards?  I just app'd for the Venture.

Congratz on Venture approval.

That is the reason I do not want to apply for the Venture yet if I'm only going to get a 5k sl, when others are getting 20 to 40k.

Either way congrats to everyone that has been approved. Smiley Very Happy

Has anyone not been approved with or without a prequal? I have seen a few that have been denied but already had 5 Cap1 cards.

I don't think I have enough cards above 5k to get a good sl. Also my Venture1's first payment is in August.. also that triple pull sux.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 72 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had smaller limit Cap1 cards - the highest of which being an 8 month old $5k Venture.

They would NOT give me CLI on ANY of the cards because my "credit score" was "too low".

But..... after the wonderful combining limits thread last week, I saw I was pre-qualified for a Venture, Venture One, and QuickSilver, so I applied for a second Venture and BAM - $20k! (at the highest interest rate of 22.9%). So I immediately checked the prequalify site again, and it still had the VO and QS, so I applied for another QS (having already had two small QS (one Visa one MC)) and BAM - $5k!

(I had something like 30 inquiries on my reports at the time)

So......... if you have a good history with cap1, even though you may have small cards now, if you are getting a pre-qualify with 17.99%, I'd say your odds of having a decent starting line are GOOD.

Also, once approved, I'd immediately go check the pre-qualify again, cuz if you're going to be triple pulled, why not get two cards out of it (if you do it really close together it usually only shows up as a single inquiry)...

Doooo eeeeet..... Smiley Wink

Message 73 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and that means I have 6 total Cap1 cards (although one is a business card)

Message 74 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats front! Thanks for taking one for the team!😁

Skinmatters, I would love at least 10,000😉
Message 75 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't imagine you won't get at least $10k, Kay... 

Message 76 of 122
JamP
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats front! Thanks for taking one for the team!😁

Skinmatters, I would love at least 10,000😉

Yes I'm with you there Kaylava, atleast 10k would be great.

Don't want to waste it for 5k.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 77 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping!! Can't wait to update next week! 😊
Message 78 of 122
JamP
Valued Contributor

Do you have any other cards at 5k or higher?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm hoping!! Can't wait to update next week! 😊

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 79 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

No highest is cap 1 2500, I just started rebuilding last year. Only 2 prim I have are discover it 2100 and Barclays rewards 1300, my scores were 645. I wish I waited to app now tu 715 ex 708 eq 693.
Message 80 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.