Established Member

Re: If you were approved for venture

$30k   @12.9%

Message 113 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I posted on page 2 of what the game plan is. Waiting till next week. I will update then. Want to drop util to 9% and I'm waiting on a possible early judgement exclusion. 😁

Venture 10K at 17.99 and QS Visa Plat 3K at 17.99 with 48% utilization at the time of app.

Doubled up with only 1 pull each.....Received QS card yesterday and it says 668(I think this is their internal score).

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 114 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EX = 698, EQ = 665, TU = 721

QS is $3500, two platinums: $2250 and $2500

16% utilization on the three cards, 14% utilization overall.  

Capital One is not giving me the love right now.

The CapOne luv button is not going to help these cards. CapOne has their tiers of cards. The ones you have are likely nearing their ceiling.

The Venture, on the other hand, with your general usage and 3 active cards, will start you on a new, higher plane with CapOne.

There's where the love is at, the new app.

As a comparison, I've had my $10k CapOne, now a PC'd Quicksilver, at 10.9% APR and $10k limit since the day it was opened in 2003. I tried the "luv" button about 5 times in the last 6 months, and they kept changing the reasoning, even though I've done BT to over 50% and heavy payments it was always some variation of "you aren't using enough of the CL, you aren't paying enough every month". When the combining of limits became a reality, I finally apped for the Venture, because I won't be keeping it as a Venture much beyond the 6 month waiting period. And whadyaknow? $30k.

Apps are where the love is. trust me.

+1000.....I was in a similar situation. did the double dip and got love on venture 10K and QS Visa 3K with 48% utilization.

Prior to double dipping, my total limit was little over 12,000 across all cards.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 115 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What was your apr and starting limit?

I was pre qual for venture . I'm on the fence about apping. I also really want the Amex ED or BCE.

Venture pre qual said apr 17.99 for me. Just trying to see where I may be with my limit.

If you are getting pre qual at 17.99. i would say at least 15k.

I got 10K at 17.99 with 48% overall util....

Message 116 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
Good question. Let's put it like this. Cap 1 will triple pull you. So 1 on the first app for all 3 cras. Many have reported spring within minutes for 2nd card and did not get another triple pull. That is the exception. Not the rule. Ymmv. If you get the one on all 3. Consider yourself lucky. If you get 2. Don't be surprised. Again. Ymmv.

I got lucky......

Message 117 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What was your apr and starting limit?

I was pre qual for venture . I'm on the fence about apping. I also really want the Amex ED or BCE.

Venture pre qual said apr 17.99 for me. Just trying to see where I may be with my limit.

If you are getting pre qual at 17.99. i would say at least 15k.

Think it's more tied to how many inquiries you have.

Before I went through the initial mortgage run, I was at 12.99, was at 17.99 last I checked the pre-qual tool.  No material changes on my files except the mortgage inquiries at that point.  Suspect it's more income and other crap in your file at that point for limit determination.

Do I know if I don't hit my CSP Preapproval out of the park after my mortgage closes, well I'll join the legions of Venture appers, or will be drapper in my case at that point.  20K or bust yo!  And probably another Cap 1 app if I don't make that with the premise I can combine the limits at some point, not like the number of inquiries on my report isn't absurd already for my typical file Cat Tongue

I believe this is true at least in my case....at the time of my double dip, I had 4 EX, 2 EQ, and 4TU with overall util of 48%.

Message 118 of 122
armichic

I was approved for 10K about 2 years ago with 1 year 0% and 15.9. I love the rewards-have used them for free tickets and hotels. I use the card for large purchases that I know I'll pay off in a short time like my daughter's tuition and books and then pay off within 1-3 months. I have AMEX Blue cash with rewards which I use it for daily stuff, groceries and food and I get a $50-75 credit every month that I use as a statement credit. I also sign up for the reward vendors they offer and get $5-15 back for buying gas or food or shopping on websutes like Amamzon. I do travel a few times a year so I like my Marriot and US Bank Visa cards for hotels and travel expenses like car rentals that my employer doesn't cover. Limits are all about your income and history. I net $86/yr from my fulltime job and another $14K from a part time in addition to rental income of $12K.

armichic

Equifax #796andtryingtogetoverthe800hump

Message 119 of 122
bk510
Valued Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought venture one was min 5000 and venture was min 10,000

I got the Venture $5000 at 17.99%. It's now $8K.

VO SL is 3K and 5K for V.......

Message 120 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.