New Contributor
plasticcards

Im confused AMEX.

So when am I supposed to pay my balance? before the statement cuts? Or wait till it gives me a pay date? What is better? Some people say pay before the statememnt cuts other says wait till the statement cuts and pay in full on the due date. Please help! 

Valued Contributor
parakleet

Re: Im confused AMEX.

There are numerous posts about when to pay, what to pay, etc. I really think people are making it more complicated that it is. Do you have a Amex revolver or charge card? You should at least pay the minimum on your statement balance if you can't PIF. Your statement should state when your due date is and when the next statement will close. You can pay part or all of your posted charges before the statement cuts if you don't want a balance to report to your CR. If you're planning on apping for new TLs, it might make sense to make sure not too many of your cards report balances. But if you're not apping for anything, it really doesn't matter.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
09Lexie

Re: Im confused AMEX.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+