Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im confused AMEX.

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

Im confused AMEX.

So when am I supposed to pay my balance? before the statement cuts? Or wait till it gives me a pay date? What is better? Some people say pay before the statememnt cuts other says wait till the statement cuts and pay in full on the due date. Please help! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Im confused AMEX.

There are numerous posts about when to pay, what to pay, etc. I really think people are making it more complicated that it is. Do you have a Amex revolver or charge card? You should at least pay the minimum on your statement balance if you can't PIF. Your statement should state when your due date is and when the next statement will close. You can pay part or all of your posted charges before the statement cuts if you don't want a balance to report to your CR. If you're planning on apping for new TLs, it might make sense to make sure not too many of your cards report balances. But if you're not apping for anything, it really doesn't matter.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Im confused AMEX.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.