Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im irate! about my bankamericard

tag
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Im irate! about my bankamericard

Call them back. They will get it straightened out. 

Message 11 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

they are supposed to call me back in a week when they send the new cards and account numbers. i will request back pay then. i am just happy that the rewards rep was clear, concise, polite and eager to promptly upgrade me. it only confirms to me that perhaps bank of america is not the worst bank in the world, (like i have been thinking). GECRB is perhaps the worst; part of why i closed all of my GE mastercard/discover accounts.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa

Message 13 of 22
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

they are supposed to call me back in a week when they send the new cards and account numbers. i will request back pay then. i am just happy that the rewards rep was clear, concise, polite and eager to promptly upgrade me. it only confirms to me that perhaps bank of america is not the worst bank in the world, (like i have been thinking). GECRB is perhaps the worst; part of why i closed all of my GE mastercard/discover accounts.

They're not as bad as people make them out to be. BoA or FIA inactuality, did not credit my award bonus that they offer to everyone which is usually $100. I called up and they had it credited by the end of the week. I was pleased. My favorite card at the moment. 

Message 14 of 22
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Scott, why the hate towards GECRB?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
@Anonymous, why the hate towards GECRB?

i didnt suggest i hated them; its just that i've had alot of bad experience from them. one time my walmart discover was compromised, and when i received a call from the fraud department, this man with a thick accent starts to chew me out and cross examine me. i never want to go back to those cards with low rewards and high interest rate, and occasionally bad customer service.

Message 16 of 22
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:
@Anonymous, why the hate towards GECRB?

i didnt suggest i hated them; its just that i've had alot of bad experience from them. one time my walmart discover was compromised, and when i received a call from the fraud department, this man with a thick accent starts to chew me out and cross examine me. i never want to go back to those cards with low rewards and high interest rate, and occasionally bad customer service.

I can def understand your frustrations toward GE. Thats crazy that a rep from the fraud department tried to chew you out. A rep like that can really just ruin the entire experience.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

@AF_23 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

They're not as bad as people make them out to be. BoA or FIA inactuality, did not credit my award bonus that they offer to everyone which is usually $100. I called up and they had it credited by the end of the week. I was pleased. My favorite card at the moment. 

Sweet! Did you apply online while the promotion was on but were not properly credited in the beginning?

Message 18 of 22
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

did you receive the offer for $10 gift card of your choice (macys, target or starbucks)? they are sending those out to cash rewards holders as christmas presents.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 19 of 22
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Sweet! Did you apply online while the promotion was on but were not properly credited in the beginning?

Yes, i applied back in March when the promo was active. They have had the offer on the their main banking page the entire year and im not kidding lol ( i bank with BOA). They are really pushing the card hard to the public it seems. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.