Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of biz cards util on personal cards with same lender

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Impact of biz cards util on personal cards with same lender

I posted this in the biz forum and did not get much of a response. The question really applies to the impact biz cards have on personal cards so I am reposting here since it seems like the appropriate category:

This is hypothetical, but let's say having over 30% util will cause lenders to take AA against your accounts. Now let's say that you have a business card that does not report to your credit report and you have 25% overall util on the business card but 9% util on all personal cards. Since the biz card does not report I can understand other lenders not taking AA, because they do not see your biz card util but what about a lender you have both a personal and biz card with. Will that lender take AA on your personal cards due to high balances on a biz account assuming you make the required min payments?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Impact of biz cards util on personal cards with same lender

it's going to depend on the bank.

some business and personal are so different in divisions that they wouldn't know each other existed!

Message 2 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

+1

Using Amex for an example, having been the user of a delta from a former employer, on top of my personals, I had never enountered an issue.

Message 3 of 6
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Creditaddict; Holy smokes.  45 cards.  SO, you list your scores around 670ish.  What is negative factor that is keeping your score down - 45 cards?!? or something else?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

it's going to depend on the bank.

some business and personal are so different in divisions that they wouldn't know each other existed!

Any idea on if Chase is one of those banks where biz and personal cards are totally independent?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:
Creditaddict; Holy smokes.  45 cards.  SO, you list your scores around 670ish.  What is negative factor that is keeping your score down - 45 cards?!? or something else?  Thanks!

I am sure its  AAoA, INQ's, and the number of new TL's.  Yes having a lot of cards make your AAoA bullet proof, but adding cards every month may keep it at the same value for a month, when it would of grown by a month if you didn't recieve another card.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.