Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Venue Alert!!!!!!

tag
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Important Venue Alert!!!!!!

I have a venue account.  I owed a small balance of $114.66 for a few Wii games I purchased from then with a credit limit of $2,000.  In September I ordered a Uniques Wall Mount for a TV, it was $119.00 Plus $15.00 S&H.  Any way, I kept checking on the tracking number for the order so I can see when it was going to be delivered. Wk #1 Nothing, Wk #2 Nothing, Wk#3 Nothing. On the 3rd week I went into my account a noticed that they charged me for wall mount and S&H, but I still have not received it. So I called them, they told me it would be shipped out in 3 business days.  Ok, I waited the 3 business days, no tracking yet and now it is showing as backordered.  Week 4...I called them again and told them to just cancel the order, she said the order was already shipped, I said then give me the tracking number.  She could not provide it.  I said cancel it.  Skip to week 6 charges are still on my account along with interest. Showing online that the ordered was cancelled but charges not reversed and I never received the wall mount to this day.  I called venue yesterday and got a recorded message that said.. Venue credit program has been discontinued, for more information call FNB. So I called the FNB and they said well we do not know what to tell you. FNB said they just got the news on thursday that venue is having problems and do not really know what is going on, I told them just like I told Venue from the beginning, most stores do not bill your card until the order is shipped, my was never shipped and I am not paying for something I did not receive. I asked them what they are going to do about it and she said that if I want to send a letter to them they will send it on to the credit bureau????  What kind of crap is this????  Does anyone have any suggestions I what I should do?Smiley Mad
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Important Venue Alert!!!!!!

Call the CCC and file the forms for a chargeback.  They will act on it and remove the charge.  DO NOT just ignore it, otherwise you will get dinged for not paying the bill.
Message 2 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:
Call the CCC and file the forms for a chargeback.  They will act on it and remove the charge.  DO NOT just ignore it, otherwise you will get dinged for not paying the bill.

The CCC.   I assume you mean Credit Card Company? I called them and they are not taking calls.  How do I get a form for chargebacks?

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 3 of 10
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Not taking calls?  That is pretty lackadaisical.  If you mean closed on the weekends, and even that is strange, call them first thing Monday.  If that doesn't work look at your bill, there will be some sort of contact phone number on it.  The card company can't just operate in silence, otherwise Chris Dodd and Barney Frank would be mad at them, oh wait, they already are. 
Message 4 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The original post pretty clearly indicates that this is a store account. It says on the website that World Financial Capital Bank (WFCB) issues the Venue Credit Card account. It would seem to me that they have pretty clearly violated FTC permitted practices. I would wait until you receive a bill (so you actually have something tangible to complain about), then write the company, FTC, BBB and OCC. That should get you some action.

Message 5 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

The original post pretty clearly indicates that this is a store account. It says on the website that World Financial Capital Bank (WFCB) issues the Venue Credit Card account. It would seem to me that they have pretty clearly violated FTC permitted practices. I would wait until you receive a bill (so you actually have something tangible to complain about), then write the company, FTC, BBB and OCC. That should get you some action.

Yes it is a store card and I do have a new bill that just arrived.  The store has a recorded message when you call it.  It states all orders have been cancelled and if you are calling in regards to your billing account call WFCB.,  Which i called afterwards, they said they just found out the venue was having problems on thursday and do not know what is really going on yet, so they could not do anything about it at this point. But I could write a letter to them and they would forward it to the credit bureau. I told them that was not good enough. 

Thank you for the advice, I am going to do write them, the FTC, BBB, OCC and thenI am going to write Good morning America.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 6 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@iwantbettercredit wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Yes it is a store card and I do have a new bill that just arrived.  The store has a recorded message when you call it.  It states all orders have been cancelled and if you are calling in regards to your billing account call WFCB.,  Which i called afterwards, they said they just found out the venue was having problems on thursday and do not know what is really going on yet, so they could not do anything about it at this point. But I could write a letter to them and they would forward it to the credit bureau. I told them that was not good enough. 

Thank you for the advice, I am going to do write them, the FTC, BBB, OCC and thenI am going to write Good morning America.

I would recommend that you contact the state banking commission of the state WFCB is located in. I would also file an online complaint with that state's Attorney General.

Last time I needed an issue resolved and couldn't get anyone's ear, all I had to do was email the CEO of the company and tell him I would be filing a complaint with his state's Attorney General's consumer complaint division. I got a phone call with resolution the next day...I never had to file the complaint.

Also...my husband once had good luck filing a small claims action against a bank in Florida (we live in the midwest). He also named an officer of the bank personally and had him sent a notice as well (attorney or CEO...I can't remember). That issue also got resolved quickly.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to do the following:

1.  Print out copies of your online order status showing the order was cancelled and not shipped.  This will be an important document to provide to the actual bank who backs the card.

2.  File a charge dispute with WFNB on the charge.  Write a letter explaining the circumstances.  Include a copy of your cancelled order print out as well as the billing statement.

3.  If necessary, make the minimum payment and then work toward getting it credited back and refunded.  DO NOT hurt your own credit by refusing to make a payment.  It is easier to get your payment back than to have to work getting derogs removed after the fact.

Don't wait and don't act on principle.  Act on what gets the job done.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions on this.  Fortunately, I did print out my initial statement (when they charged me)and my last statement showing that I am still being charged. I also printed out the actual order that shows it was cancelled and has no tracking, however their system is very vague it does not give alot of info anyway.  Believe me I have no intentions of hurting my score by anything I do.  I have and will continiue to make my payments because I have balance on their from a previous order that is my responsibility. I could pay that balance off, but I figured if I keep paying the minimun on it, this should be cleared up before I get to paying on the erroneous charges they are trying to fraudulently get out of me.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 9 of 10
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Excellent last suggestion. That should be "stickied". (practical and unemotional)

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to do the following:

1.  Print out copies of your online order status showing the order was cancelled and not shipped.  This will be an important document to provide to the actual bank who backs the card.

2.  File a charge dispute with WFNB on the charge.  Write a letter explaining the circumstances.  Include a copy of your cancelled order print out as well as the billing statement.

3.  If necessary, make the minimum payment and then work toward getting it credited back and refunded.  DO NOT hurt your own credit by refusing to make a payment.  It is easier to get your payment back than to have to work getting derogs removed after the fact.

Don't wait and don't act on principle.  Act on what gets the job done.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.