Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Garden...question about next card

tag
Larkfield
Valued Member

In Garden...question about next card

Currently in garden after a successful app spree.    I had an AMEX charge off that was paid and has fallen off my CR.   My current CR is close to clean with no lates or charge off's and will be middle of next year.  I've read about people having difficulty obtaining CC with companies that have had a marked history even if it doesnt show up on CR.

My question is, should I contact AMEX before or apply and hope for approval and then recon if declined?   Thanks in advance...

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: In Garden...question about next card

Personally, I would wait until absolutely everything has fallen off since it will only be a year, but I guess it'd be worth a shot.  Try applying for a charge card first (instead of a revolver) as people have said the U/W for those is a little less strict.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Larkfield
Valued Member

Thanks.  Im definately waiting till everything is off which will be a little less than a year from now...

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are blacklisted by Amex you'll know almost immediately. Chances of them telling you before you app are slim to none. Amex really doesn't do recons ESP if its regarding a CO.

IMO, get your cr in the best condition, app and hope for the best. Any reason why your EX CS is 50-60 points leer than your other scores?
Message 4 of 6
Larkfield
Valued Member

Good Question.  I think its related to my mortgage because when I was approved for mortgage I saw a steeper drop in EX than the other two which at the time all three were relatively the same.  The file contains basically the same information across all 3.  Maybe 1 additional inquiry.

I havent completely made sense of it...

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just in case, I'd use the opportunity from your recent spree to request your EX cr - all 3 if each lender pulled EQ and TU.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.