Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Love with AMEX... 2k in 10 days!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: In Love with AMEX... 2k in 10 days!

@LS2982 wrote:
I really want that AMEX Zync or Green, I probably could get it in 6 months but I want to be absolutely 100% sure I get it and go for it in January. Maybe they"ll soft me in 6 months withe their prepaid being used and give me some good news!!!

There's a always a risk to expend an inquiry without being approved, but AmEx seems to invite people to apply again after 30 days.  I remember your last thread, and think if you apply again in April, you may get approved for a Zync.

While there aren't any assurances, I think it's worth the risk if you'd like an AmEx.

Message 11 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: In Love with AMEX... 2k in 10 days!

@Open123 wrote:

For a thin credit file, this is where a charge card is infinitely superior to a credit card with a hard limit. 

In most cases, hard CLs take 6 months (usually some small token 20% - 30% increase) and years of history to raise to an adequate level.  Charge cards allow for much faster and accelerated spending ability.  

In 4 or 5 months, you can have a NPSL of $5k+ easily.  

I'm really thinking that AMEX will be able to grow with me as my needs change...  Right now the Zync is good for cash flowing monthly expenses..  Maybe as my needs change I upgrade to Plat or Gold...   Maybe I pick up a revolver later... who knows!  The cool thing is that I think the AMEX can be whatever you need it to be, rather than you having to accomodate them with your spending habits.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.