Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In The 800 Club !

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

In The 800 Club !

WOW!  Did I get good news! 

Was talking to a Merrill Lynch CSR/Concierge Service about an inquiry for travel, we got to talking about my recent approval for the Merrill Platinum Plus card and in the course of the conversation, it was mentioned my high score.  So I asked what it was, and he said my FICO TU was  813!!  Smiley Very Happy   That's the highest EVER for me!  My TU here is at 779 which I've been pleased with.  So this must be the differrence between the older version of TU (TU98?) and the more recent TU (TU04?) Whatever, I'll take it!  Couple that with the EQ score (presumably Beacon 9.0) of 803 that I got not too long ago and I'm a happy camper.  And this in spite of some new accounts prior to February and the inquiries generated.  I was actually a bit surprised that BofA pulled TU, they've pulled EX in the past, with a few TU thrown in but nothing consistent.    Now, if only I could get an up-to-date EX!  My credit union does provide true FICO EX, but only quarterly and the last report was in December.  Guess I'll have to wait til the first of April to get the EX score.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: In The 800 Club !

That's fantastic! I know that must be a great feeling. I'd love to get to that point, where I know I can take a couple of hard inquiries and still qualify for the best rates.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Was talking to a Merrill Lynch CSR/Concierge Service about an inquiry for travel, we got to talking about my recent approval for the Merrill Platinum Plus card and in the course of the conversation, it was mentioned my high score.  So I asked what it was, and he said my FICO TU was  813!!  Smiley Very Happy   That's the highest EVER for me!  My TU here is at 779 which I've been pleased with.  So this must be the differrence between the older version of TU (TU98?) and the more recent TU (TU04?) Whatever, I'll take it!  Couple that with the EQ score (presumably Beacon 9.0) of 803 that I got not too long ago and I'm a happy camper.  And this in spite of some new accounts prior to February and the inquiries generated.  I was actually a bit surprised that BofA pulled TU, they've pulled EX in the past, with a few TU thrown in but nothing consistent.    Now, if only I could get an up-to-date EX!  My credit union does provide true FICO EX, but only quarterly and the last report was in December.  Guess I'll have to wait til the first of April to get the EX score.  Smiley Sad

A BIG Congrats!!! hope to be there someday!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 22
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Good on you! I'll bet you feel like a celebrity.

After many years in the low-mid 700s club, I'm aiming for the 800 club, too. But it feels a long way off. I know how everything slooooooows down once you get in the 700s.

Message 4 of 22
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 5 of 22
thom02099
Valued Contributor

I owe a debt (pun intended) of gratitude to this board for the information that's been provided over the years.   I NEVER would have accomplished this without the knowledge that I gained from the input of others here.  I lurked for a number of years before I actually joined and participated, and it wasn't that long ago that I was in the upper 500s/low 600s.  I can recall, with the purchase of my first house, the struggle to get my score to 620 in order to qualify for a fairly decent mortgage. 

For those of us still on this wonderful/perplexing/curious/frightening/choose your adjective journey, I say...HANG IN THERE!  Keep the faith that things will get better and read, read...READ everything you can here ! ! !

Message 6 of 22
android01
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Congrats!  What CU do you belong to that gives quarterly EX FICO scores?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 22
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

Congrats!  What CU do you belong to that gives quarterly EX FICO scores?

Local/Regional to Colorado.  Public Service Credit Union. 

Message 8 of 22
scottykhan
Contributor

Have you received your new card yet? and does it say Visa Signature??? I also got approved last week but online it's just showing platinum plus!!

Message 9 of 22
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:

Have you received your new card yet? and does it say Visa Signature??? I also got approved last week but online it's just showing platinum plus!!

Yup, it does!  Merrill + in the upper right, Visa Signature in lower right.  It's a mighty handsome card to boot! 

If you applied for the Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus, the only card (Merrill +) they offer is a signature Visa.  So when you get it, that's what the card should say!   There's also the Total Merrill card, which is silver with the silver bull (also a striking card!), and it's also a signature Visa. 

On line, mine also just says Platinum Plus.  Come to think of it, none of my cards on line show Visa signature, if they are in fact signature cards.  JP Morgan Select card is signature, along with CSP, and they don't have that moniker on line.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.