Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In about a year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In about a year

In about a year, I'm thinking about possibly applying for Amex card and Discover. Unless there are other cards out there that have great bonus. I like the 0 interest for several months card, BT, and cash rewards Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In about a year

There are lots of cards out there that provide nice bonuses.

Why in "about a year?" 

Message 2 of 8
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

If you're looking for BT, I'd go with the Chase Slate... 0% balance transfer fee, 0% APR for 15 months and it's Chase... Who doesn't want credit cards from them?!?

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrutalBody.... I figured after a year the 3 HP that I just took will have a less impact for when I apply for new cards. So far, on my report, I have 4 Inquiries. .. one will fall totally off next may and then the 3 I just got will totally fall off June 2019. But I read after a year lenders don't look at them that much is why I figured wait a year to apply for more like Amex and maybe Discover.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cashback.... I do have Chase freedom unlimited. .. but I may possibly try Slate.
Message 5 of 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

If inquiries are the primary reason why you're delaying, just forget about it.  Even if you currently have 3 HP all with the same bureau and 2 new inquiries hit the same one, the impact on your credit score will probably be...nothing at all.  You might see a drop in score of 5 points or so due to the new accounts and change in AAoA, but going from 3 to 5 inquiries will have not noticeable impact.

Now, if those 3 HP are spread across the 3 bureaus, the impact will be even more miniscule.  People sweat inquiries way too much; waiting a year to apply because of inquiries is nuts.  Unless you're planning to buy a house within the next 6 months, inquiries should not factor into your decision making here.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't sweat the inquiries.  It's not like you have 10+ like many do.  I wouldn't think 4 would hold you back under most circumstances. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

If inquiries are the primary reason why you're delaying, just forget about it.  Even if you currently have 3 HP all with the same bureau and 2 new inquiries hit the same one, the impact on your credit score will probably be...nothing at all.  You might see a drop in score of 5 points or so due to the new accounts and change in AAoA, but going from 3 to 5 inquiries will have not noticeable impact.

Now, if those 3 HP are spread across the 3 bureaus, the impact will be even more miniscule.  People sweat inquiries way too much; waiting a year to apply because of inquiries is nuts.  Unless you're planning to buy a house within the next 6 months, inquiries should not factor into your decision making here.

Well I did have thoughts on trading in my car at the end of this year or possibly right at the beginning of next year. I want my CS higher than it was when I bought the car or at least not less. When I got my car 3 years ago I had a 715, right now I'm around average mid 600s I find that I range from 650 to 697... so not sure what my CS looks like atm. I was wanting to possibly get a truck. I love my car but it seems like I need a truck to bring big stuff home all the time.... I am constantly having to borrow dad's and his is not in great shape. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.