Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In an AMEX late PIF problem...

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: In an AMEX late PIF problem...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello thanks for replying, I'm definitely in communication with them, and have a payment plan agreed with them on a monthly basis, with them calling me back once a month so I can then tell them what I can pay in the coming month and then scheduling those payments.   I figure if I keep paying down on a constant basis, this is positive.  I'm thinking the 3-4 month time period would be my target to rid myself of the PIF balance.

Thanks,

Amado

It sounds like you're on the right track!  Don't get discouraged... when you do get this all paid off, you might find that you're not as bad off as you thought you were going to be, like I did.  Smiley Wink

Once your payment plan is complete, please let us know the dispostion of your account, especially if Amex "un-suspends" your card, and how they reported to the credit bureaus. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So as a continution of this story I will tell you what has transpired since the last time I wrote:

1) The eventually cancelled my account

2) I ended up with 1 30 day, 1 60 day late before I paid off my PIF portion of my credit line which was around 9K.

3) I still have about 15K on the pay over time portion of the account, that I know can pay off on a month basis comfortably.

4) They have told me when I eventually pay off the above 15K, I will be automatically approved for an Optima card with a credit line of 5100 to start off.

5) I also have the option of reapplying for a normal Amex credit card and the acceptance process would be the same as if I never applied before so they would base it off my financial situation at the time of application.

Question:

Since it will probably take me 2 years anyway to payoff this amount, wondering if it's even worth pursing the GW letter route to see if they can remove those lates from my account, or maybe it's too early to even pursue this.  Should I simply wait to pay off the pay over time portion?  I figure if I get to the right person they might even offer to take off the entire account from from my credit profile as has been reported by others here in the past.   Not sure, too early to tell.

Amado

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just bumping the my final question in the thread from last year...

So now it's almost a year, I paid off my PIF amount  about 1 year ago, and have been paying on time my pay-over-time amount for a good year already.  Is it worth sending off a goodwill letter to see if they will possibly reconsider  removing my lates or unsuspending my account at this point.  Or is the best scenario, still to pay my pay-over-time completely and go from there...

Thanks,

Amado

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So now it's almost a year, I paid off my PIF amount  about 1 year ago, and have been paying on time my pay-over-time amount for a good year already.  Is it worth sending off a goodwill letter to see if they will possibly reconsider  removing my lates or unsuspending my account at this point.  Or is the best scenario, still to pay my pay-over-time completely and go from there...

Thanks,

Amado

I can't speak on them unsuspending your account. I will let others advise you on that; however, I would send GW letters. What's the worse they can say? "No!" Best of luck! 

Thanks for coming back and updating your thread. I'm also glad that you are able to continue to pay down/off your debt with Amex. If you don't mind me asking, how has this situation effected your other creditors?

Message 14 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks,

Amado

I can't speak on them unsuspending your account. I will let others advise you on that; however, I would send GW letters. What's the worse they can say? "No!" Best of luck! 

Thanks for coming back and updating your thread. I'm also glad that you are able to continue to pay down/off your debt with Amex. If you don't mind me asking, how has this situation effected your other creditors?

Agree. You have nothing to lose in trying the GW letters. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always do like I do.  Pay in full every month because you don't owe anything.  Just got my AMex Centurion replica in the mail.  I refuse to deal with charge cards because of these issues.  Hope you can find a solution.  Would have been nice if you could have gotten a personal loan or something short term to solve the issue.

Message 16 of 20
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

What is this AmEx Centurion replica that you talk about?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted a pic but then I quickly took it down thinking I might get in trouble for it.  I got a metal card with embossed letters and numbers and got to choose everything, including the security code.  It also has an EMV chip on it.  Looks stunning.  If you were an existing AMex customer they allow you to send in your card and they will take your EMV chip off the original and superglue it on the replica and then you have a working replica.  I myself will never own an AMex because I like to have a choice of paying in full or not.  But this baby would make strippers fight over you if you laid it on your table.  The authentic cards are $7,500 initial membership fees.  $2,500 a year after that.  You have to be an existing AMex customer who spends $250,000 on your card before you get an invite.  For all the people who like to flash prestigious cards, this is mine without the spend and PIF every month.  You can see the cheap fake ones on EBay made of plastic that can't be customized.

Message 18 of 20
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Where did you get it? That sounds interesting. Can you post a pic make it private and send a link. I am curious
Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Where did you get it? That sounds interesting. Can you post a pic make it private and send a link. I am curious

If you want to continue this discussion, I suggest starting a thread in the Smorgasboard.  We need to get this thread back on-topic.

Thanks for understanding.  Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.