Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of advice.

tag
jaybee
Valued Contributor

Re: In need of advice.

Ok thanks. itried and they told me they will send me a response in 10 days. I don't think it is that hard to say yes or no. Everything is ran by computer anyway, right? Just click a button. I am so over HSBC, with their "conservative banking."

If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No doubt.  I called Cap1 yesterday and asked about a CLI.  The CR responded immediately and said I see we can get you a $500 increase.  The whole phone call took 2 minutes!  I have a ZERO balance on the HSBC card and they cant give me any info!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat, y'all.  Just went through all of my cards (spotless history on all) looking for CLI's, with awesome results.  Cap1 went from $750 to $3750.  Chase went from $400 to $600 (not much, but hey), Target RedCard was upgraded to $10K Visa, and BofA Plat Plus went from $1,000 to $2,000. Then I call HSBC, and got the stupid 10 day answer, after commenting about my excellent payment status.  Apparently they aren't empowering their overseas overflow (is it just me getting folks that are difficult to understand?).  Frustrating, but I guess I don't really need the CLI, I can be patient.  I just get tired of getting the 'your low limits are keeping your scores down', so am trying to up my limits...doesn't hurt the old uti, either!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep**, I wish I could get increases like that. Oh well start small.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes!!!  A $99 AF and only a $500 cl??   Oh! That's just pure silly!

I remember the first week I came to this forum, I was complaining about my old Applied Bank card. Some wise person said to me "if it's costing you money, and loosing the credit line will not hurt you, then by all means close it!"

guy, I say the same thing to you.

I took their advice and closed it last week. The first card I've ever closed. And it felt good.

I have no hesitation at all to close the little HSBC card I have now. After all, if closed in good standing the history will remain on my CR's for another 7 years. And I've never had one late on that HSBC(wish I could say the same for the other cc's I have).

There are MUCH better cards out there. Even starter/rebuilder cards. Cap1 has several. You might want to consider trying them.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have really enjoyed my Chase.  Never been declined.  Even going $150 over limit...haha.

The only card I've ever been declined on is my amex.

I was so upset.  I  *had* available credit too.  Ooh, did I yell at the CSR.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much fun is it yelling at the crs!!!!!!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.