Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In person vs online applications

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In person vs online applications

I'm new to this forum and have a few questions:

1. Is there a difference in applying for credit in person versus online.  It seems like when I apply online I get denied.  One of the reps told me that they have more fraud with online applications so the verification rate is higher.

2. I have read several posts and I am totally confused by the acronyms.  How can I tell what CSR, Recon, etc. mean?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In person vs online applications

Message 2 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I don't think there is a big difference between apping online or in person , but some have had better luck with places such as store credit cards apping in store . Sorry I know the forums acronyms can be really confusing at first but stick around and you will gain a wealth of credit knowledge! Welcome to the forum, also what cards were you thinking about apping for maybe you could get advice on those specific ones .
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to this forum and have a few questions:

1. Is there a difference in applying for credit in person versus online.  It seems like when I apply online I get denied.  One of the reps told me that they have more fraud with online applications so the verification rate is higher.

2. I have read several posts and I am totally confused by the acronyms.  How can I tell what CSR, Recon, etc. mean?

I think the only difference in applying in person is the person you are talking to at the branch is the one preparing your app for you.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarity....

Message 5 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

When my DW got her Chase card, she applied in person. It was a denial but the banker called, told them that DW was a client, then they wanted to talk with her and finally they approved with $500 limit.

For me, the in person application is better if you have a relationship with the bank or if the banker want to go the extra mile to get you the card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.