Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: In the lender's eyes... PIF or carry a balance?

blk8 wrote:

Lambo23 wrote:
The thing with blk8's method is that it takes away from being able to use the card for everyday purchases. Or am I totally misunderstanding what he means?
I take it like this:
Month 1: I use my card for $400 in total charges. Statement: $400 - ok
Month 2: I pay half of my statement balance and can't use the card. Statement: $200 - pay half but you can still use
Month 3: pay the rest to 0$ balance and don't use the card. Statement: $0 - PIF balance including what you may have used month 2
Month 4: can finally use my card and charge another $400. - ok
Month 5: pay half. No card use. Statement: $200 - pay half but you can still use
Month 6: pay the rest to $0. Don't use card again. Statement: $0 - PIF balance.
Month 7: auto CLI.

Correct? Or am I way off?

OR

Month 1-3 use your card as you would like

Month 4 - use 90% of your CL and PIF

Month 5 - use 90% of your CL and PIF

Month 6 - use 90% of your CL and PIF

Call and ask for a substantial CLI .... let them the rep know you are finding yourself having to use other cards cause the CL on your Chase card is insufficient. :-)

I think this will net a good CLI!!!! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Lambo23

Re: In the lender's eyes... PIF or carry a balance?

What's the most I can request for an increase? I'm at 2k CL and at 6 months would like to request 5k. My other highest limits are 3500 and 3000.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+