Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the mean time..

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: In the mean time..

What I meant was...while I improve I don't want to apply for anything else. There are all kinds of SP's and shopping cart tricks. But are there any that favor lower scores so I can at least know I'm improving? 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 21 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I know what you mean. I hate waiting, I've always been a "right now" type of person. 

I've submitted to be "opted in" but since I've never really had it work, IDK if it's working. 

Are there any SP's or shopping cart tricks that favor low scores I can try once I improve a little? 

I'm going to remove myself after this.

You will NOT get offers from banks with a 595 score (First premier and such aside) and as long as you keep applying and not paying down your current cards you might never see a 650 in 2014!

Message 22 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I know what you mean. I hate waiting, I've always been a "right now" type of person. 

I've submitted to be "opted in" but since I've never really had it work, IDK if it's working. 

Are there any SP's or shopping cart tricks that favor low scores I can try once I improve a little? 

Shaking my head! 

I'm about to drink and I'm SOBER!

Message 23 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Shaking my head! 

I'm about to drink and I'm SOBER!

Well, at some point you just gotta let it go.

Im right behind you. 

Message 24 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I don't think you understand.

I'm done applying for now. I'm going to work on my balances. 

What I'm trying to say...once things improve, as in waiting, paying down balances, are they any SP's or shopping cart tricks that favor lower scores? Some things don't work unless your in the 700 club I've been told.

I don't want to improve, but come to find out have not improved enough to the lender's satisfaction and waste another hard pull, that's why I want to find a good SP or SCT so I know I'm actually there before I waste a HP.

TU Fico 626

Message 25 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

What I meant was...while I improve I don't want to apply for anything else. There are all kinds of SP's and shopping cart tricks. But are there any that favor lower scores so I can at least know I'm improving? 

You have to realize that it's not just a credit score... you are past your triple wammy.

you have a below 600 credit score

you must have over 10 INQ's (probably 20+ but lets just say 10)

your util. is high

you have baddies

you have some of the lowest quality in rebuilding cards.

ALL the above factors TOGETHER, you can't just fix 1 and the rest don't matter anymore and you saying yourself your over 70% util. on just $830 worth of credit and in several months you are only able to cut that down to 40% says you can't afford anymore credit and then you add in past baddies and all these INQ's and the banks are going to come to the same conclusion... you are over your head already.

Message 26 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Optimal number of accounts for Fico (or mortgage is 3!) if you need 3 accounts for a mortgage I have to think that is ALL you need to build the strongest and best score and file IF you are patient.

Message 27 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Ok. Let's say 6 mos from now I get my UTL down to 9%, all baddies gone, of course the INQ's aren't going to be all gone.

What lenders are more forgiving when it comes to INQ's? I know the "profile" makes the most of it, but aren't some a little better if you have a high amouunt? 

The reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty much overdosed on HPs, and any more HP's have to result in something positive, I don't want to waste one and have it become denied due to INQ's.

TU Fico 626

Message 28 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I don't think you understand.

I'm done applying for now. I'm going to work on my balances. 

What I'm trying to say...once things improve, as in waiting, paying down balances, are they any SP's or shopping cart tricks that favor lower scores? Some things don't work unless your in the 700 club I've been told.

I don't want to improve, but come to find out have not improved enough to the lender's satisfaction and waste another hard pull, that's why I want to find a good SP or SCT so I know I'm actually there before I waste a HP.

You do not need more credit to improve your scores.  Once your accts and inq's age and you have a longer payment history, you won't need the SP cc's. 

Message 29 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Ok. Let's say 6 mos from now I get my UTL down to 9%, all baddies gone, of course the INQ's aren't going to be all gone.

What lenders are more forgiving when it comes to INQ's? I know the "profile" makes the most of it, but aren't some a little better if you have a high amouunt? 

The reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty much overdosed on HPs, and any more HP's have to result in something positive, I don't want to waste one and have it become denied due to INQ's.

I don't even know what your baddies are but they are not going to be gone in 6 months RIGHT? so lets not play this game of I give you ideas based on something that is not going to be true on your credit report and you go and apply for them anyway.

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.