Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the mean time..

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: In the mean time..

Actually yes. One baddie is pending deletion, the other is being DV'ed tomorrow.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 31 of 52
myjourney
Super Contributor

Tough love again then I'm done trying for goodSmiley Sad

Let me get this right you're thinking of apply for a Wells card because you have a secured card with them and you think this may help with the approval? 

I'll let you answer that question but here's a hint......

Wells will see your history and a big negative will pop up ..........LATE PAYMENT

Go right ahead and apply now I give

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Actually yes. One baddie is pending deletion, the other is being DV'ed tomorrow.

Okay, Capital One would be next on my list if I was you BUT... DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU GET A PRE-QUAL OFFER FROM THE CAPITALONE.COM WEBSITE.

Message 33 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

"You do not need more credit to improve your scores.  Once your accts and inq's age and you have a longer payment history, you won't need the SP cc's. "

I'm not actually wanting them. 

When I start improving, I want to find SP's/ SCT's that are low score favorable to be pre-approving me, (but not actually accept the offer).

The go up the ladder until prime CC's are pre-approving me.

If I'm getting pre-approved when I wasn't before that means I'm doing better, and when I get to the prime cards, If I get PA I can apply. 

Basically what I'm saying is that due to the high number onf INQ's, I want to "test the water" as I go down the improval road, before going head first with a hard inquiry. I can't afford to waste any more INQ's. Any more trigger pulls I need to be very confident will be an approval. 

TU Fico 626

Message 34 of 52
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Okay, Capital One would be next on my list if I was you BUT... DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU GET A PRE-QUAL OFFER FROM THE CAPITALONE.COM WEBSITE.

OP says on ano forum that he has apped for Cap-1 recently....

Message 35 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

"Okay, Capital One would be next on my list if I was you BUT... DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU GET A PRE-QUAL OFFER FROM THE CAPITALONE.COM WEBSITE."

Does their secured card show up in the pre-qual? 

TU Fico 626

Message 36 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

OP says on ano forum that he has apped for Cap-1 recently....

I never recommend applying to capital one until capitalone.com website tells me they have an offer for me unless spark because the online doesn't offer pre-approvals for that... but for personal... I NEVER apply if not offered on Capitalone.com website only!

and OP, when your credit improves and you get offers IN THE MAIL, you will know you can possibly apply, I may have been born but it wasn't yesterday (did I get that right, sound like my father) and oh happy fingers of yours is not going to see a congrats you are pre-approved sitting in front of you and you are going to tell me you are not taking it!~  LOL you can't even go a week without applying for something you are not pre-approved for... SORRY!

Message 37 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

"Okay, Capital One would be next on my list if I was you BUT... DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU GET A PRE-QUAL OFFER FROM THE CAPITALONE.COM WEBSITE."

Yes

Message 38 of 52
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Ok really, jus stop! People give you solid advice and you won't listen. If you cannot pay $830 in total limits down to less than 9% utilization without taking 6 months, you have no business taking any money to put on a secured card. If you have cash for a secured card, just pay down your current balances to help your utilization, and SIT DOWN and don't app for anything for 6 mos to a year. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 39 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Yes

It will give you the BIG CONGRATS! this offer is for you... if you don't get that message, it's not an offer!

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.