Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the mean time..

tag
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: In the mean time..

@OP you should really focus on what you have now instead of trying to figure out who might approve you in six months.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 41 of 52
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

"You do not need more credit to improve your scores.  Once your accts and inq's age and you have a longer payment history, you won't need the SP cc's. "

I'm not actually wanting them. 

When I start improving, I want to find SP's/ SCT's that are low score favorable to be pre-approving me, (but not actually accept the offer).

The go up the ladder until prime CC's are pre-approving me.

If I'm getting pre-approved when I wasn't before that means I'm doing better, and when I get to the prime cards, If I get PA I can apply. 

Basically what I'm saying is that due to the high number onf INQ's, I want to "test the water" as I go down the improval road, before going head first with a hard inquiry. I can't afford to waste any more INQ's. Any more trigger pulls I need to be very confident will be an approval. 

Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Quizzle and the like should be your next focus right now.. they will give you a broad idea of how you're doing. I think, and I hope I'm right, that you're looking for a dipstick like item, to find out how you're progressing. That's admirable.. these websites will help you and are free, which will help free up money for you to put towards your debt. In the mean time, do not add a single dollar to the cards from this day forward unless you're able to pay all of your debt off. 

Credit Karma updates weekly and gives you a fake score that will be your barometer of how you're doing. They even grade you! I think you might need to look at how you're doing right now in order to understand how dire the situation is. You can get through this, however, but you ultimately will not succeed without patience.

Message 42 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

How do I know I'm actually opted in? 

I've gotten pre approvals in the mail from Ginny's and some other catalog (I threw them away because they don't report and sell crap), but I can't even see on my reports where they softed me. 

I was also pre-approved for a VS card, but it was online, and something I initated, but they never sent me a mail pre-approval, don't you think they would of if I was opted in?

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 43 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I don't put any faith in Fakos. My USAA credit monitoring currently shows 680 for EX, and the actual fico is 595.

TU Fico 626

Message 44 of 52
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Are you not aware that any new accts can bring your score DOWN, not up, when you're profile isn't favorable? 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 45 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I've gotten pre approvals in the mail from Ginny's and some other catalog (I threw them away because they don't report and sell crap), but I can't even see on my reports where they softed me. 

I was also pre-approved for a VS card, but it was online, and something I initated, but they never sent me a mail pre-approval, don't you think they would of if I was opted in?

no, part of being opted in allows you to get the offers online and the only offers I have ever gotten in the mail are from Wells 4 times now and I was denied... 2, I did not apply all 4 and I will not apply to them again... Mark my word!

Message 46 of 52
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I wish you luck, I've tried valiantly to get you to understand. You know more than most of us, so I'll leave you to it. I sincerely hope you do take the advice.

i'm done.

Message 47 of 52
elbori357
Regular Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992..
You need to find yourself a hobby, sport or something to keep you from further damaging your credit profile. You are, if born, on 1992 a very very young individual with a long way to go. Listen to the people that have been in your shoes and by experience are giving you very good advices. All you need now is time, nothing else, no SP, HP, and specially in your case more credit. An old friend once told me a hard head make a soft butt. Good luck
MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 48 of 52
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

OP you already know the answer to this.You cannot get a pre app online or in the mail unless you are opted in. This has been discussed with you on multiple boards previously. Everyone has tried to help you but at this point it has approached the absurd and I bow out..

Message 49 of 52
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

". Everyone has tried to help you but at this point it has approached the absurd and I bow out.."

I'm sorry, I can be a little hard headed at times. Too be honest anytime I hear "6 to 12 months" it sounds more like a prison sentance. I'm going to try and take more time to learn about credit and keep my mind off the shinny round apply button.

TU Fico 626

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.